Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Quintana Roo CD 0.1 - where is the love?
Quote | Reply
Been looking at getting a new full time tri bike to upgrade from my Cervelo Solist and Softride Roadrocket. While at Nytro last month, I saw the new QR Cd 0.1.

Havn't read much about it here, saw 0 at the IMC racks.

Just wondering what the buzz is on it.

My other considerations are either a used P3 SLC or a used Specialized Transition.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo CD 0.1 - where is the love? [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Been looking at getting a new full time tri bike to upgrade from my Cervelo Solist and Softride Roadrocket. While at Nytro last month, I saw the new QR Cd 0.1.

Havn't read much about it here, saw 0 at the IMC racks.

Just wondering what the buzz is on it.

My other considerations are either a used P3 SLC or a used Specialized Transition.

I have one and I love it. R&A cycles just knocked the price of ultegra build cd01's down to $2500 fwiw. Have any questions about the bike?

-matthew
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the "love" blew away to the left...or was it the right? ;-)

But seriously: I'd probably buy a CD 0.1 before I bought a P2 (largely because the latter is too tall for me).
Last edited by: Andrew Coggan: Sep 3, 10 4:53
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo CD 0.1 - where is the love? [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But would you buy it before a Transition or a Speed Concept, or over any of the other one super bikes in the poll

Quote | Reply
I have been on CDO1 now for 2 months and love the ride, very solid in the BB and handles great. Will be rolling it in IM Arizona iif they have water?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The love is missing because it doesn't have some huge ugly nose or squared off trailing edges. Most of bike tech is fashion and it didn't get the look right.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo CD 0.1 - where is the love? [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The love is missing because it doesn't have some huge ugly nose or squared off trailing edges. Most of bike tech is fashion and it didn't get the look right.

C'mon now, bright yellow & green definitely gets it right!

In all honesty, I have one issue with my cd01, the brakes suck. Granted, this is the case with most every bike with integrated aero-type brakes hidden behind the fork/underneath the bottom bracket area (at least as far as I understand) but they do suck - a bit unnerving for riding in crowds. Beyond that, two thumbs up.
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo CD 0.1 - where is the love? [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
But would you buy it before a Transition or a Speed Concept, or over any of the other one super bikes in the poll

I'd choose it over the Transition, but also only because the latter is also too tall and short for me.

I wouldn't choose it over most of the newer bikes listed in the poll...I also wouldn't choose it over a P3/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew,

You would not choose it because of fit or something else? ps - reading your book, very nice!

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the best value bikes out there. recently picked one up myself. havnt ridden it yet though :( ill let you know in a couple weeks when i get home.

Michael J. Pelechaty
Brewer, Black Box Brewing Co.

"Yeah, I was depressed for a little while, but then I remembered how awesome I am."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dig mine. I also like all of the bikes in the super bike poll I just did not like them twice as much.

I have actually seen a bunch of them lately.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo CD 0.1 - where is the love? [msaskin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In all honesty, I have one issue with my cd01, the brakes suck. Granted, this is the case with most every bike with integrated aero-type brakes hidden behind the fork/underneath the bottom bracket area (at least as far as I understand) but they do suck - a bit unnerving for riding in crowds. Beyond that, two thumbs up.

The brakes are an issue, but there are solutions. I got my front to work just about as good as my road bike by adding spacers, but I could not get the back brakes to grip (either that or they rubbed.) Plus the back brake is a serious pain to adjust. I contacted QR CS and they were very helpful and let me know that there are multiple levels of help in that area. I eventually took the bike to the dealer and they applied a fix.

Same goes with the seat post clamp. It would not say put! I mentioned this to CS and they sent me an updated clamp. All fixed. Just based on their excellent CS, I am a QR convert.

Not to mention the bike is dropdead beautiful and a joy to ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo CD 0.1 - where is the love? [couch2kona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

The brakes are an issue, but there are solutions. I got my front to work just about as good as my road bike by adding spacers, but I could not get the back brakes to grip (either that or they rubbed.) Plus the back brake is a serious pain to adjust. I contacted QR CS and they were very helpful and let me know that there are multiple levels of help in that area. I eventually took the bike to the dealer and they applied a fix.

Same goes with the seat post clamp. It would not say put! I mentioned this to CS and they sent me an updated clamp. All fixed. Just based on their excellent CS, I am a QR convert.

Not to mention the bike is dropdead beautiful and a joy to ride.

Interesting - spacers behind the pads I presume? I'll have to look into that (or call QR, haven't done that yet). Seat post I didn't have issues with, a bit noisy but some carbon paste fixed that up.

-matthew
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo CD 0.1 - where is the love? [couch2kona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
     I haven't had any issues with the bike at all. I haven't had any seat post problems nor any braking issues. Perhaps I have an updated seat post clamp? I really take my time while building bikes and I OCD on everything so, needless to say, it has to be perfect.

I am using a SRAM 900TT brake levers, a Zipp 808/1080 combo with Zipp cork pads. This is on a brand new 2010 CD.01. All new cables. The cables are cut as short as possible with gentle bends, greased inner cable and ferrels(spelling?) on the end of each cable.

Regarding the brakes, I had some minor issues with the rear brake setup but it was very easy to fix and both brakes stop great. The Zipp wheels are pretty wide compared to the AL wheels so, I had to do some minor tweaking. This was my experience...

The front brake was easy and not a problem at all. I got to work just fine with adjusting the pads and cable stop.

The rear brake would not open wide enough for the Zipp pads and wheels so, I had to take a few mm's off the pad. I just ran them over some very fine sand paper. Once I did that, I could adjust them out just like normal. The only other thing is that I had to move the yoke set screw from the drive line side to the other so, it would be easy to get an allen key on it.

I just did KY IM and they were very solid on the down hills. I only have a few hundred miles on the bike but it is a very solid bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haa my thoughts exactly, Too much clean air!
One of my buddies has one, very slick ride he loves it to!

Because Pirates Tri Harder - MTXE
http://www.scurvydogstriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got one, love it!!! The initial set up was a bit of a pain, but I have the bike all dialed in and am doing the Ottawa IM tomorrow. I feel very aero on the bike.

Barry Dmitruk
2017: Florida 70.3 (done); Mont Tremblant 70.3 & Ironman

Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo CD 0.1 - where is the love? [Davelamite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
One of my buddies has one, very slick ride he loves it to!

Sounds like your buddy is a very intelligent, good looking, all-around nice guy. I bet he does love the bike!

Coach TJ Tryon - Open Water Swim Clinics | Facebook | @tjtryon

Ask me about: T3 Multisport | Gu Energy | Torhans | Xterra Wetsuits (discount code) | Karbon Speed - discount code: COACHTJ | Uvex Helmets
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put 4 seconds into Bruce Gennari at Waterfront on my CD 0.1. 4 seconds! Of course he put about 7 minutes into me on the run and swim, but 4 seconds on the bike!

If Bruce gets better on the bike, I guess I'll just have to go 85% instead of 80%.

http://www.sceniccityvelo.com/temp/m3.jpg
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo CD 0.1 - where is the love? [zoolander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Andrew,

You would not choose it because of fit or something else? ps - reading your book, very nice!

Dave

These are my guiding principles:

1) Priority #1 is lowest aero drag.

2) Priority #2 is achieving priority #1 w/o having to resort to, e.g., a Look Ergostem to get low enough.

3) Priority #3 is achieving priority #2 and #1 w/o saddling myself with non-standard componentry (been there, done that w/ the Hooker).
Last edited by: Andrew Coggan: Sep 3, 10 12:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my CD0.1

I had the Felt DA last year. But there is no comparison, the CD0.1 is better hands down....

http://www.triandcatchme.com
https://twitter.com/kevintaddonio
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bought one last year right after they came out. Before the CD0.1 I was riding a P2C, before that I was riding a custom Seven, before that a Softride Rocket, etc...
The CD0.1 is the best bike I've ever raced on, I've had no troubles at all with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How did you fix the rear brakes so that you could fit a carbon tubular? I sold my Easton EC90 Aeros because I was sick of constanly messing with the rear brake. I tried sanding them down and putting fiber washers on but it either rubbed or would not brake. Other than the rear brake I love the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew,

I get it but, this is your personal concern, right? Meaning, you wouldn't mind the bike if it fit your 1-3 or are you saying, you don't believe the bike can be fit to anyone as it is not adjustable enough?

fyi - I'm not poking at you, just trying to get a good opinion on the bike. Disclaimer, I do own one but I am a newbie and just trying to learn a bit. The bike does fit me and my current needs. I'm just wondering how it compares to some of the other "super bikes".

thanks,
Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo CD 0.1 - where is the love? [msaskin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your responses to further confuse me! At under 3000 bucks for the Ultegra version, I wouldn't consider it a superbike. Andrew C sez he'd still pick a Cervelo P-3 (carbon or alum or both?) according to his criteria. I don't have great flexibility so I am wondering if the QR would be more "rideable" for me than a P-3. For those that are enjoying the QR, what was your previous bike and is the QR comfortable? Did you have to use spacers to get it that way? Will spacers negate the advantages of it?

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply

Prev Next