Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quick Scott Plasma Question?
Quote | Reply
I am 6'2" and a little long legged (35.5-36") inseam. I want a scott plasma II, but the biggest size is a large, which they say is equivalent to a 56. I was always told by fitters I needed about a 58. Is the Scott plasma a true 56 in a large? Basically, do I have a chance at it fitting?

I would obviously go a to a Tri store to check one out, but the closest dealer is about 5 hours away.

Thanks.
Last edited by: solfe84: Jun 30, 09 20:40
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Scott Plasma Question? [solfe84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow - you must be all legs. I am 6'1" with about a 33" inseam.

I just got my Scott Plasma II adjusted based on fit data this morning. I have a large and we needed to cut 8cm from the seat mast.

You might be borderline. Do you have an exact inseam measurement in cm that was done by a bike fitter or accurate for cycling. I would also be concerned in that the stock set up might be too long for you. I needed to drop from the stock 11cm stem to 8cm to dial in the front end. If you are going to drop that much $$ I might talk with an educated fitter from a solid shop with tri experience. You might find yourself riding another bike that fits you better and is easier to dial in for your body than the Scott. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Scott Plasma Question? [rockit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! My fit must be way off! I'm 6 ft even, have a 31 inseam and ride a Plasma XL. Not the Plasma 2. I'm using a 120 stem. I think the top tube is 56.5 compared the the 57 and 130 stem I use on my road bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Scott Plasma Question? [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe - but keep in mind it's entirely dependent on multiple factors. You might have a longer torso and arms combined with a forward position, maybe even shorter reach bars. On the road bike I ride a 58cm road bike with a 57.5cm top tube and 13cm stem. Stem is probably a little too long on the road bike. I think the issue for me is that the Scott has a longish top tube while I have the saddle slightly forward. Combine the position with the Profile bars and extensions and you get far out pretty quick. In this day and age of $5K+ bicycles and $3K+ wheels, $200 or so on a pro fitting is a sound investment.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Scott Plasma Question? [rockit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the word Rockit. I will definitely get fitted before I buy.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Scott Plasma Question? [solfe84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
im no bike fitter, but ide go small on your tri bike compared to your road bike

just my 2 cents
Quote Reply