Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quick Fit Critique
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

Sorry for another "critique my position" thread. I haven't had a bike for the last 7 months and haven't raced for a bit longer than a year. My father in law was getting rid of his Orbea and I thought I'd see if I could make it work as I can purchase it on the cheap. My last tri bike was a 53cm QR Lucero, this is a 51cm Orbea Ordu. If I can make it work, I'd love to grab this from him, but I won't if it's too small. So I'd love some quick feedback on my initial setup to see if I can make some changes, or if it will all end up being too small regardless and I'll search for a new bike. FWIW, I have the saddle mounted to the 74 degree option (further back) on the seatpost vs the 76 degree option which brings the saddle forward. Any comments would be appreciated!

*Updated video.
Last edited by: HighTechAthlete: Apr 7, 13 18:33
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Fit Critique [HighTechAthlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First thoughts:

You're riding very slack. Rotate your whole body forward quite a bit. Worry about making adjustments to the bike after you rotate forward and reshoot.

Quote Reply
Re: Quick Fit Critique [boostedcvc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. I had cropped the video because my daughter had kept riding through the frames but it was a bad crop. Updated link with new video.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
seat is way way too high and move forward and down
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To me it doesn't look too small to be unusable. I would think you could make that bike work for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Fit Critique [sharkbait_au] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. Glad it appears I can make this bike work for me. I'll get a real fit within the month but didn't want to be out the money at the end of a fit with a "sorry, bike is too small"
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Fit Critique [YTZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YTZ wrote:
seat is way way too high and move forward and down

Agreed. Move it forward and down. Possibly up to 2-3 cm forward - that's a lot. Down should be 1-2 cm? (totally guessing due to lack of any frame of reference)

Once you get your body position normalized, you'll want to flip your stem. You might need a different length, but the real fit at the end of the month should handle that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't rush it. It's hard to tell from one photo. Like others have said, do whatever you can to get the bars lower and the aerobars forward. Move your seat forward - which will in effect also lower it a bit. Reshoot the vid.
Quote Reply