Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Questions for people using power pedals with a spin bike
Quote | Reply
So this is my first winter in the cold for the last twenty years and I actually have to use my spin bike. I bought a used Vector 3 power pedal and it fired right up and my phone app (Jepster) read it immediately. However, I got some weird numbers so with a lovely weather day, I got out and did some comparisons with my other power meter (crankarm). They were remarkably close together using my regular head unit, so I took the head unit downstairs after the ride and it also worked fine, but because there is not motion, it just pauses.

Does anyone have any thoughts on Jepster? I would prefer to just use my phone indoors but would like the numbers to be at least somewhat transferable. The head unit is a Stages Dash, which works just fine for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Questions for people using power pedals with a spin bike [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its been a while since I used jepster w/ my left-only-power vector3 pedals on the spin bikes at the gym. I never had issues with the numbers - I compared against 920xt forerunner watch one time. I can't recall exactly but I sort of remember getting the crank arm length correctly configured either the app or the pedal took some doing.
Quote Reply
Re: Questions for people using power pedals with a spin bike [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m not familiar with Stages Dash, but I would imagine if you turn off GPS and turn off Autopause it should work just fine indoors?
Quote Reply