Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question for the Nike 4% ers
Quote | Reply
How many miles are you getting out of these shoes? I heard it suggested by one person that they are done after 100 miles. At $250 a pop I need to get more miles than that. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Question for the Nike 4% ers [dwgrenle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am at about 75 on mine. Feel like I can get at least 200. I weigh 185 btw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dont wear them, bit heard they lose pop after ~100 miles but are still good to train in for ~300.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Question for the Nike 4% ers [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I only wear them for the race. Soles still look good. I'm at about 40-50 miles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are definitely not done after 100 miles. I get 400+ plus out of the Zoom Fly variants and I'm not a guy who really kills his shoes (I get much less out of Pegs). 4%s are harder to say because they're A race shoes and I've had a new pair for each of my 3 most recent marathons. The oldest pair have close to 200 miles on them and are still fine - hard to imagine they'd wear a lot faster than the Zooms (other than the heel where the midsole's a little more exposed)

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mine are showing significant tread wear after 40 miles, probably from running so fast. I'm going to send pics to Nike and try to get a replacement pair.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you read the reviews on Nike's website, there are a lot of complaints from people about the shoe starting to fall apart after 50-100 miles and the reply from Nike to these comments is typically "Sorry to hear, but these shoes are not meant for everyday use."
Quote Reply
Re: Question for the Nike 4% ers [jamlo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which I don’t get why it’s a big deal. There’s not much reason to run in them every day and Nike has shoes that are very close at a normal price point that do last that long.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for the Nike 4% ers [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gmh39 wrote:
I dont wear them, bit heard they lose pop after ~100 miles but are still good to train in for ~300.

This is accurate. My first pair is going on 300 miles but I wouldn't use it to race something important after 50-75 miles. The Zoom X foam really loses its pop very early on. Some even say after 1 marathon.

As an aside... the Vaporfly Flyknit isn't as soft or springy as the original. I just started using it and am very disappointed. Hopefully the Next% is better but I sorta doubt it at this point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have over 200 miles in my original pair from last season. They’re now my go too for longer tempo/interval runs and they still have similar, if not the same, pop as when I got them. I use them tips way because I have the fly knits for racing now. They’re not as fragile as many make them out to be.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Question for the Nike 4% ers [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jut to add my $0.02, I'm just at 300km / 190 miles in my version 1's, and they do seem to have just gone past the pop. About 13 months old for what it's worth. And I have done an off road half ironman race in them (Wanaka) and then a solid half day hike (Roys Peak if anyone knows that) so the sole is looking a bit worse for wear, but not catastrophic. Will be shopping for an upgrade to the v2 in the absence of access to the Next% (or whatever that new green model is called.)

cheers
Adrian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've only run two 70.3 races so far but all I can suggest is buy a set and see if you would be happy to buy a second. My guess is you would be even if it is only 100 miles out of a pair.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for the Nike 4% ers [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A little Shoe Goo on tread wear spots helps extend their life.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for the Nike 4% ers [jamlo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jamlo wrote:
If you read the reviews on Nike's website, there are a lot of complaints from people about the shoe starting to fall apart after 50-100 miles and the reply from Nike to these comments is typically "Sorry to hear, but these shoes are not meant for everyday use."

Given customer protection laws in Europe I bet I could get a new pair every month if they fall apart that quickly.
Quote Reply