Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question for the Fenix 5+ 6 pro owners-Music focus
Quote | Reply
I'm debating whether or not to get one based on music capacity. I'm curious how strong your earbud signal is with them Any drop it problems or are they consistent?

I have android phone with apple earbuds and typically use the flipbelt, but would love the ability to run with just the watch at times.

I know the 5+ is cheaper, but 6 pro has some decent options. Thinking about waiting until black Friday for either one as there is also a potential chance of Fenix 7...

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Question for the Fenix 5+ 6 pro owners-Music focus [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the 6X Pro and just recently loaded some Spotify playlists. So far I have had zero dropouts using my AirPods.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for the Fenix 5+ 6 pro owners-Music focus [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I pair my Fenix 6s Pro with my Aftershokz and have no issues. I primarily use on the bike and while running.

Fenix + Aftershokz does not work while swimming, which is sad, but expected.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought I should add, I had the Fenix 5s as well. I handed it down to my son when I got my 6s Pro. Honestly, the only difference I notice is that the 6s is slightly smaller (which matters for my lady arms). From a features and use perspective, I don't think I benefited from an upgrade. Maybe on battery life? I do get to the end of the battery on day-long excursions. I suppose the heart rate while swimming is interesting, but I never actually look at it and have it influence any of my training. And the blood oxygen was fun for a week and then I stopped looking at it. Plus, it always has me 5-8% lower than a medical monitor (I'm usually hovering around 91% according to my watch). FWIW

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: Question for the Fenix 5+ 6 pro owners-Music focus [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Good info. Appreciate it.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for the Fenix 5+ 6 pro owners-Music focus [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SLOgoing wrote:

I wonder if it would work with the Fenix in your swim cap. Would lose the metrics from anything wrist based, but might be close enough/out of the water enough to make it work.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for the Fenix 5+ 6 pro owners-Music focus [andrewjshults] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
possibly odd, but maybe wear it on the other wrist and not use it for swimming, use an older 920, 935 etc. for swimming so you can still use music?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SLOgoing wrote:

Bluetooth cannot transmit through water. They make MP3 swimming headphones which I have and think they are great.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use my Fenix 5 with Backbeat FIT and also Hesh 2 Wireless and have no issues with it.

Quote Reply
Re: Question for the Fenix 5+ 6 pro owners-Music focus [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fenix 6X Pro with Apple Airpods is faultless. I wasn't a fan of running with music until my wife bought me the 6X, then I gave it a try since I had the option. Now I run with music on every run except if running in the dark on trails. I have had no drop outs. Only pain is waiting for a playlist to sync. Make sure you sort your music well before you plan to start running.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for the Fenix 5+ 6 pro owners-Music focus [Fletch_boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fletch_boy wrote:
Fenix 6X Pro with Apple Airpods is faultless. I wasn't a fan of running with music until my wife bought me the 6X, then I gave it a try since I had the option. Now I run with music on every run except if running in the dark on trails. I have had no drop outs. Only pain is waiting for a playlist to sync. Make sure you sort your music well before you plan to start running.

I’m jealous you have the 6 as it looks awesome, but am pretty happy having the 5x for 3+ years.

Quote Reply
Re: Question for the Fenix 5+ 6 pro owners-Music focus [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
Fletch_boy wrote:

I’m jealous you have the 6 as it looks awesome, but am pretty happy having the 5x for 3+ years.

I got the 5X when it first arrived in Australia and loved it. It went missing somewhere between splitting my helmet on a tree and arriving at the hospital. Used a 935 for the next 2yrs before getting the 6X.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey there! Thought I’d chime in with my experience with the Fenix 6. I have the Jabra Elite headphones, and I’ve had issues when I want to pair both the Fenix and my iPhone to the headphones. In essence, I need to re-pair the headphones to my Garmin when I want to use the Garmin, and then re-pair them to the iPhone when I want to use my iPhone. I suspect there is an easy fix for this, but just wanted to throw this out there as an issue I am having. In the end, though, when they are paired the headphones and Garmin work great together - no dropouts for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for the Fenix 5+ 6 pro owners-Music focus [kalinbornemann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kalinbornemann wrote:
Hey there! Thought I’d chime in with my experience with the Fenix 6. I have the Jabra Elite headphones, and I’ve had issues when I want to pair both the Fenix and my iPhone to the headphones. In essence, I need to re-pair the headphones to my Garmin when I want to use the Garmin, and then re-pair them to the iPhone when I want to use my iPhone. I suspect there is an easy fix for this, but just wanted to throw this out there as an issue I am having. In the end, though, when they are paired the headphones and Garmin work great together - no dropouts for me.

I use a variety of different Bluetooth devices and yes you have to manually pair each device when you use it.

Quote Reply
Re: Question for the Fenix 5+ 6 pro owners-Music focus [Fletch_boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. It looks like I'm going to look at getting the pro, but don't want to drop 550 for it. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for a sale. Hopefully they release the 7 soon so I can grab the 6. I wish the base 6 had music. Odd the 5+does but 6 base model doesn't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just missed the last big sale, so safe to assume another is on the way. Zero news on the 7, so its probably a next summer deal at the earliest thanks to all the supply chain issues. I have a 6 Pro, using it with the Amazon Music function in the Music widget. Bose soundsport headphone. No drops.
Quote Reply