Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question about pricing used equipment
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to sell some used equipment on Craigslist and\or eBay and was wondering if anyone had thoughts on what would be reasonable prices.

Cervelo P2C with 2011 SRAM Red components (compact crank), HED Corsair Aero Bars (with a scrape from being rubbed against a brick wall) and an Adamo Racing saddle?

2011 Quarq S975 Cinqo Saturn (I would add an Edge 705 to this if it created value)

2009 Zipp 404/808 tubular wheelset?

2010 Zipp 1080 wheelset?

Powertap SL+ Mavic Open Pro (with yellow computer and cables)?

I appreciate any and all feedback
Quote Reply
Re: Question about pricing used equipment [trithink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No specific help but....

Ebay now has tabs for recently sold and recently ended without selling. I find this a good resource for finding approximate prices.

Also, if you search the classified forum here you can get a good feel for what people were asking, though you don't know how much was actually paid.
Quote Reply
Re: Question about pricing used equipment [LostNTransition] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LostNTransition wrote:
No specific help but....

Ebay now has tabs for recently sold and recently ended without selling. I find this a good resource for finding approximate prices.

Also, if you search the classified forum here you can get a good feel for what people were asking, though you don't know how much was actually paid.

This ^^^. It's tedious, but searching ebay, and various classifieds is your best bet.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thats the beauty of the auction style, people bid it up to market value, start it at a reasonable price and you'll get fair market value for it, put it on for 10 days so enough people see it and add it to their watch list. Even with the fees, I bet you get more on ebay than craigslist, a bigger market, and there is only competition, no haggling.
Quote Reply
Re: Question about pricing used equipment [HXB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you think it would be reasonable to expect $3000 for the P2 as listed above with Zipp 404/808 tubulars and the Quarq power meter?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally I would expect at least that, thing is, sometime you get more money parting things out, rather than hopin someone wants exactly what you're selling in terms of the whole bike. Eg. Perhaps they don't want a pm or already have race wheels, or don't like rubies or compact cranks. Bikes tend to be a bit hit or miss, a lot of times on eBay ill have a good idea what it's worth or what id really like to get for it so I list it for that and see the reaction, if no bites I may lower it a bit. You have to be careful, do it too many times and people won't buy because they think you'll lower it again if it doesn't sell

*LOL thats tubies not rubies
Last edited by: HXB: Jan 10, 13 17:27
Quote Reply
Re: Question about pricing used equipment [HXB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought about breaking it all down and selling things individually. I suppose I could always try to sell it as a package and break it up if it doesn't sell. Thanks for all the help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
also interested in that one, got a few bits for sale right now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would expect $800 for the frame, another $500 for the components, $1000 for the wheels, $1300 for the Quarq, $75 for the seat. All pretty conservative.

I'll give you $3000 for it all. Especially if you throw in the 705.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not try out the slowtwitch classifieds? It will save you $$ with fees.
Quote Reply
Re: Question about pricing used equipment [youngrasshopper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1300$ for the quarq? Would a mtb quarq worth as much? 2012, 3 months of use, I have one for sale...
Quote Reply
Re: Question about pricing used equipment [devincicx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the feedback, I really appreciate it. I attempted to post in the ST classified, but it wouldn't let me? I will try again, but if anyone is intersted you can always PM me. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ST classifieds are nice sometimes bc of not paying fees..however prepare to get haggled to death and asked 5 million retarded questions like how many potholes did you run over with the zipps! I've had a little luck on ST but much more luck w/ less annoyance through ebay. Much bigger audience and product isn't up for haggling. That being said I'd do both if I were you. Good luck.

John F. Ambrozic III
H & A Racing

Quote Reply
Re: Question about pricing used equipment [jfambrozic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. It appears that eBay will ultimately be where I
list.
Quote Reply