Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question about power!!! please help...
Quote | Reply
Hi all...

I ride TT's and i was just curious...

I have a medium TT bike possition... As in... not a GREAT possition... not a bad one... just average... I have a GT edge aero frame... With double disk wheels... Aero helmet too... I am 190 pounds... Frame is a 56cm... I am 5"11 ... I have, on me best day, averaged about 25.200 mph... for 10 miles , on a flat course... Does anyone know "aproximately" what my average wattage output would be to maintain that speed...? I dont know where to find out... Can someone tell me a number... I was just wondering... Thanks...
Quote Reply
Re: Question about power!!! please help... [Solar + Monkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm about the same size also on a GT Aero Edge, with rear disk and a trispoke front, I show about 240W at 25 mph, but that's at 5600 ft
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
try plugging it into analyticcycling.com

It's kind of hard to find where the analysis stuff is. I think you get to it under "dynamics forces on rider" -> "wind on rider."

----
Aerosexual.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What would you do with the data? If you're just curious and want to throw a number around, you can get a good estimate at analyticcylcing.com by plugging numbers into this area:

http://www.hostsrv.com/...ticTrainerCustom.jsp

If you want to improve your power output, get on a CompuTrainer and/or put a PowerTap on your bike & get to work...

-Mike Llerandi
Quote Reply