Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Qualifying for Boston
Quote | Reply
I got a qualifying time on Feb. 1st at Pacific Shoreline Marathon. I was wondering if I could use the QT for entrance into Boston 2005. Does anyone know?

I was, now I will tri again!
Any time is a good time.
God Bless you my friend.
Quote Reply
Re: Qualifying for Boston [Goodtime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the qualifying details for 2004 on the Boston Marathon website:

"Entrants must have run a qualifying time after September 28, 2002 at a certified marathon in order to participate in the 2004 race. All participants must adhere to the guidelines set forth by the B.A.A., USA Track and Field or foreign equivalent, Wheelchair Athletics USA, and the International Stoke-Mandeville Wheelchair Sports Federation. Qualifying times must be met in competitions observing these same rules. Proof of qualification must accompany the application. Participants must be 18 years or older on race day."

For some time, a qualifying time run within the (approximately) year and a half prior to the race of interest has been acceptable. So, for 2005, you'll need a time run sometime after the end of September 2003. Your time from February, 2004 should be acceptable, unless they radically change the qualifying criteria.

Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: Qualifying for Boston [Goodtime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goodtime,

What did you think of the Pac Shoreline marathon? Was that your first time? I emailed the RD and complemented them for ruining a perfectly good race. That new start/finish location was horses#&t compared to the pier area and running out of water cups at mile 22 was genius. That race was perfect the past few years (esp. last year with 84 degree weather), what a shame. Congrats on getting after it, it is a very fast course.
Quote Reply
Re: Qualifying for Boston [snepper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Done it before. Really like the surf city atmosphere and good escape from northeast winter dull drums.

Swimming outside at UC Irvine is cool too.

UCI...

39 deg air/81 deg water...

6am...

I was, now I will tri again!
Any time is a good time.
God Bless you my friend.
Last edited by: Goodtime: Feb 6, 04 6:10
Quote Reply