Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

QR Santo - anyone have any thoughts
Quote | Reply
Anyone have a review of the QR Santo. I have looked for other reviews but can't find any. Is this bike much different from the Litespeed Tachyon. What do you like/dislike about the bike, and is it a decent buy?
Quote Reply
Re: QR Santo - anyone have any thoughts [rjwelce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Howdy!

I got the Santo in June and have used it in 4 races. Great bike. Nice ride and nice components.

Mind you, this is my first tri-bike, and the Santo is a massive improvement over my 2000 Allez road bike with aerobars.

I test road the QR Caliente. It's a good looking bike; however, my LBS had only 650 size wheels. I didn't like how stiff the ride was--too jumpy. For the longest, I had a serious jones for a Cervelo P2k; unfortunately, I had serious doubts about the local retailer. I also considered a Guru, but for the price and the components it didn't add up. The main selling point for me was the LBS I bought the bike from really knew about fitting me to the bike, and the Santo was a better fit for my body-type. I have rather short legs in proportion to my torso. The Santo was better able to accomodate my body-type opposed to the Caliente.

The ride is really nice on the Santo, and the new bike has helped my run splits because of the positioning. Though the frame is not aero, the bike makes me areo which is the most important. Plus you great some pretty awesome components such as FSA carbon cranks. The biggest selling point for me is that I have the sense when I'm riding the Santo that I'm hauling ass (I don't use a computer and my bike splits and run splits have demonstrated the increase in speed); however, I don't feel beat up after riding the bike. Some say that's the nature of Ti. But for the money, it's a pretty sweet ride. The bike shop guy who helped me with the fit said that my Santo is "a lifetime bike."

It certainly is.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Dolomite

"That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet."--Emily Dickinson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the Tachyon has some manipulated tubes compared to the round tubed santo. not sure how the geometry compares so you might want to check that out.took a tachyon for a ride a month or so ago and it was pretty sweet. weld quality was beautiful and it's noticibly lighter than most any of the other tri bikes within reach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ran into Hillary Biscay this weekend at IMFL and she told me that she loves her Santo. After the race she proudly told me that she improved her Ironman bike PR on it by 20 minutes, plus she improved her run too.
:-)
Herbert
QR/Litespeed
Quote Reply
Re: QR Santo - anyone have any thoughts [JohnInRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a great bike-specs make me think it will fit me well. However, I am 6'3", 215lbs. and am concerned that a less expensive Ti bike may not be stiff enough. Any heavier riders have experience with this bike or the Tachyon?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply