Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

QR Caliente
Quote | Reply
Any thoughts on the QR Caliente? How would you rate it to the Felt S22 or a Cervelo P2K. I know, I know...fit, fit, fit! I just wanted some thoughts.

A few people have mentioned the problems with carbon seat stays, and how they don't have any benefits. Give the Tequilo and the Caliente, would the Tequilo be the better option?

Thanks,
Adam
Quote Reply
Re: QR Caliente [adampom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you should get what ever trips your trigger. As long a sit fits go off which you like the best. Looking sexy has its performance benefits.

Something to realize. Do you realize what a wonderful problem your having. List your choices again you might realize you can't go wrong.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just bought the Caliente so don't take that as an objective opinion. From what I heard, the P2K will be the fastest of the bunch from an aerodynamic point of view, the S22 has a tremendous spec (unfortunately not available in Europe sold out and speced worse than in the US - else I would have bought it) and the Caliente seems to be the most comfortable. The tequilo has the nicest colour scheme. Being a rater BOP wanting to be a MOP the Caliente seemed most reasonable.

About the carbon seatstays - everybody who knows about bikes will tell U they are useless, everybody who rides them will tell you they work. I talked with a guy with a lot of km under his helmet, who knows a lot, rides carbon seatstays (not QR) and told me he knows they dont work but sure feels they do.

I am not worried about these seatstays being a mechanical problem - if they are I will discover it during the guarantee, if they brake in 10 years - well who cares - this wont be my last tri bike. I expect it to last for 5 years of 2000km each at least though.

Know, that doesnt help though sorry. I would go with the felt if you get it much cheaper for the same spec, the P2K for OD and the Caliente for long distance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought the 2003 Caliente frame/fork last year and built it up with some upgraded components (I found the frame/fork new on Ebay). I've put about 3,000 miles and one fantastic crash on it with no complaints. In fact, I really like it. Very comfortable on long rides. Dan wrote a good article on the 2004 QR line - I think the link is on the homepage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out YAQUI. www.yaquiusa.com

I've been riding a Tequilo for years. No complaint. But, the Yaqui is custom fit. You can also hand pick the componets that fits your appetite/budget. Custom color options too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They're all good. Buy the one that makes you want to ride it. If none of them float your boat, look for something else.

My thoughts on each.

P2K - nicest tubing spec, but.... proprietary seatpost, only one waterbottle mount.

Caliente - fugly seatstays, but otherwise nice. Tequilo looks better.

S22 - graphics are ugh, and probably the worst of the bunch for tubing profiles. but a nice bike anyhow, for someone else.

My choice would be either Guru or Orbea Chrono (probably Orbea since my LBS is now a dealer, and they are a good price) But thats just me.
Quote Reply
Re: QR Caliente [jasonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much is the Orbea? It's a pretty looking bike, but I thought it was pretty expensive.

Adam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually don't know what the Orbea Chrono will cost. I assumed that it would be a decent price, based on the bikes my LBS has brought in. The Mitis 1 - alu frame, carbon rear stays, Dura Ace 10 speed, Mavic Ksyrium Equipe etc. is selling for $3050. I am guessing that the Chrono frameset would be in the $1200 to $1500 range.

Of course, we know what happens when you assume.
Quote Reply