Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Punching a woman during a race? [wannabefaster] [ In reply to ]

wannabefaster wrote:
d00d wrote:
SethB wrote:
gasman wrote:
All I've got to say..is that if I witnessed my wife get "punched" during a race and she's crying in front of me, I'd be making damn sure that the perpetrator would be crying as well...

Exactly.

You didn't witness anything, and b/c your wife was not paying attention and running all over the place, she was hit by someone coming towards her at a fast pace.

I kind of think that the pic looks a lot more "violent" than what prob really happened. I've run hard before towards the end of a race. If someone jumped in front of me, I'm sure one or two pics wouldn't capture what really happened. For all we know, he could have just been putting his hand up to block/prevent a collision.

Lynch mobs on ST, I tell ya, are the worst...

X2. Maybe you just witnessed your wife, who crys at the drop of a hat, almost ruin a guys race. We just don't know. But, it is kind of telling that the husband was unimpressed enough that he didn't take action.

Just because her husband did nothing, doesn't mean nothing happened. The majority of people are neither prepared for or able to react to confrontation, especially physical.

Bottom line, is a man knocked a woman to the ground.

That says it all, at least in my book.

If that was my wife wife or daughter, barring an apology, I would have had a conversation with him and then helped put him in the ambulance. Right, wrong or indifferent you live with the consequences of your actions and you get what you get.

SF

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [SethB] [ In reply to ]

I was informed elsewhere, that she had finished the race and had run back along the course with her jogging stroller for some pix. Is that correct? Have to wonder where the RDs were.

SethB wrote:
Just because her husband did nothing, doesn't mean nothing happened. The majority of people are neither prepared for or able to react to confrontation, especially physical.

If that was my wife wife or daughter, barring an apology, I would have had a conversation with him and then helped put him in the ambulance. Right, wrong or indifferent you live with the consequences of your actions and you get what you get.

Where do you get that she was knocked to the ground? She does not say nor does the original blog say she was knocked to the ground.

This woman walked backwards across a race course without paying attention to her surroundings. That is dangerous and she should be happy that she did not hurt anyone.

Also, great that you resort to violence. That is a mature and reasonable way to deal with things. What if she hit a woman? Would you put that woman in an ambulance? I am glad that you are a big tough man, but I am sure your wife would prefer you were not in prison for assault.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]

chaparral wrote:
SethB wrote:

Where do you get that she was knocked to the ground? She does not say nor does the original blog say she was knocked to the ground.

This woman walked backwards across a race course without paying attention to her surroundings. That is dangerous and she should be happy that she did not hurt anyone.

Also, great that you resort to violence. That is a mature and reasonable way to deal with things. What if she hit a woman? Would you put that woman in an ambulance? I am glad that you are a big tough man, but I am sure your wife would prefer you were not in prison for assault.

Agree.

Seth, I'd hate to be your kid at a little league baseball game...

chaparral wrote:

If some guy purposely hit my wife (as opposed to accidentally running into her)... he and I are going to have issues. It may start off as a very loud conversation (on my part) and the level of escalation or diffusion of the situation will be entirely dictated on the first words that come out of his mouth. I'm glad you're more evolved than I am but when it comes to my kids, my wife or my mother... I'm going to be highly emotional in a situation like that and my temper fuse is going to be very, very short.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: GMAN19030: Sep 20, 13 12:33

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]

GMAN19030 wrote:
chaparral wrote:

If some guy purposely hit my wife (as opposed to accidentally running into her)... he and I are going to have issues. It may start off as a very loud conversation (on my part) and the level of escalation or diffusion of the situation will be entirely dictated on the first words that come out of his mouth. I'm glad you're more evolved than I am but when it comes to my kids, my wife or my mother... I'm going to be highly emotional in a situation like that and my temper fuse is going to be very, very short.

Yunno, I saw this and that was my first reaction too. But maybe these RDs should be thinking along the lines of female only Tris, where they can yak on their cell phones, push their jogging strollers and not worry about violence. The women in my running forum really like the woman only venues.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [dreaming~big] [ In reply to ]

I think some of the men on here think it's not OK to hit anyone, regardless of gender.

dreaming~big wrote:
It makes me sad to see the number of men here that think it's okay for a man to hit or push a woman. Ever. I prefer chivalry,integrity, and honor. And I bet your mothers do, too.

~~ kate

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”

chaparral wrote:
SethB wrote:

Be that as it may, she was hit, no?

Her lack of SA is no excuse for his actions, no?

Who said anything about her hitting a woman? What does that have to do with this situation? There is no resorting to anything. Actions beget reactions, like I said earlier, you get what you get.

SF

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [d00d] [ In reply to ]

d00d wrote:
chaparral wrote:
SethB wrote:

Agree.

Seth, I'd hate to be your kid at a little league baseball game...

What are you even talking about? How does this in any way relate to Little League baseball?

SF

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [dreaming~big] [ In reply to ]

dreaming~big wrote:
It makes me sad to see the number of men here that think it's okay for a man to hit or push a woman. Ever. I prefer chivalry,integrity, and honor. And I bet your mothers do, too.

~~ kate

So should this guy is a demon for pushing a woman?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxzA2jKrYYs

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/2258413/sprinter-collides-with-woman-o.gif

Until you see the whole incident you can't really judge. As mentioned before if the guy hauled back and clocked her that's totally different than running into her.

In for video!

Last edited by: Khyron: Sep 20, 13 14:28

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [NAB777] [ In reply to ]

There was another picture of the push/shove that I saw online yesterday that has since been taken down. In that pic it was much more clear that the guy didn't just bump into her but shoved her/pushed her to his right. I'm guessing he would not have gotten DQ'ed had she backed into him and he just bumped her. Yes, she is at fault for not paying attention and getting into his path, but he didn't have to be a douche and shove her. Contact may have been unavoidable but shoving someone is a conscious (and douchey) choice no matter what gender either person is.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [ In reply to ]

Ok, seriously. Someone find that video.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [NAB777] [ In reply to ]

I'm on the side of the guy that punched the chick. He was going for a PB and this oblivious woman was waliking BACKWARDS during a race near the finish line. What do think is gonna happen. Side steeping would add more time, just shove her outta the way, maybe next time she'll be a little more considerate. If her husband wants to take stand the so be it, slap him too.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [oceanlife] [ In reply to ]

oceanlife wrote:
Ok, seriously. Someone find that video.

Seconded. That video needs to be released.

My triathlon training blog

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [tejanatab] [ In reply to ]

So did she get DQ'd or did she not get DQ'd?

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [JimR] [ In reply to ]

I'm on the side of the guy that punched the chick. He was going for a PB and this oblivious woman was waliking BACKWARDS during a race near the finish line.

This changes everything. I had no idea that he was going for a PB. In that case, he is certainly justified in not only hitting a woman but also in not stopping to make sure she is ok.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Sep 20, 13 14:24

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [Chewie] [ In reply to ]

Chewie wrote:
So did she get DQ'd or did she not get DQ'd?

She did not get DQ'd. He did. Edit to say that this proves that USAT and Toughman are in a conspiracy against men.

Last edited by: tejanatab: Sep 20, 13 14:19

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [tejanatab] [ In reply to ]

I'm not trying to be callous or anything here, but you stroller pushing milfs out for a good time at a race need to pay attention to what's going on, not waving to your kids on the side lines, look at me i just finished a sprint 5k. People are training for these races and taking things seriously.

JimR wrote:
I'm not trying to be callous or anything here, but you stroller pushing milfs out for a good time at a race need to pay attention to what's going on, not waving to your kids on the side lines, look at me i just finished a sprint 5k. People are training for these races and taking things seriously.

Fixed it for you.

Completely agree. DQ for the athlete and participant seems to be the most fitting resolution from my point of view.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [lhpoulin] [ In reply to ]

lhpoulin wrote:
Completely agree. DQ for the athlete and participant seems to be the most fitting resolution from my point of view.
That and everyone from here and letsrun.com, plus the two athletes should be invited to the White House for a beer with the Prez.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]

Last edited by: needmoreair: Sep 20, 13 15:52

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [Toby] [ In reply to ]

Toby wrote:

The contents of this thread give plenty of evidence to the case that he is guilty because he's a man, regardless of your stance on that. I agree that second in AG doesn't warrant physical violence. However, I know enough to not trust eyewitness accounts and mob mentality. So until there's actual evidence, this is bullshit, and a woman going to great lengths to make public something she claims to not want attention paid to.

You wrote in one paragraph what I spent multiple responses trying to get across.

Well put.

JimR wrote:
. . . and taking things seriously.

Seriously!

SethB wrote:

Some people keep writing things like the above like they're supposed to impress upon us the virtues of the ideal modern-day man and how righteous and virtuous you are.

Are you writing that stuff to reaffirm your inherent belief in yourself, or are you just trying for the virtual equivalent of a high-flying, manly bromance chest bump?

I don't get it.
Last edited by: needmoreair: Sep 20, 13 15:45

Prev Next