Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Punching a woman during a race? [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]

"It's your sandbox"

yes, it is.

"and if you want to ban me for my remarks go right ahead."

yes, i will. or would, if i felt so led.

but i wasn't responding to you for remarks you made, rather because i had to pick somebody's post to respond to.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]

Slowman wrote:
after another 5 or 10 posts i'll lock the thread, which will be doing you all a favor whether you realize it or not.

Hallelujah.

Fade to black

Show the names

and play "Let My Love Open the Door"

http://www.youtube.com/...ed&v=kQ4MOkK2MOM

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: randymar: Sep 25, 13 9:46

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [Chewie] [ In reply to ]

Chewie wrote:
No one would want to brush passed another person who was in the process of backing in the direction of his path, and who could take an even larger step back. That would result in a full collision. There's simply too much risk involved for him to intentionally make contact with her.

Agreed. The notion that he intentionally made contact defies credulity, all the more so since he saw himself on the brink of a PR and wouldn't have wanted anything to interfere with that (and that's even with the most egocentric interpretation of events).

-----
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
Which is probably why I was registering 59.67mi as I rolled into T2.

Last edited by: Eppur si muove: Sep 25, 13 9:47

The thing is...NONE of this should be a public debate in the first place.

The blogger alleged certain things that amounted to a crime, and should have taken it to the authorities...the RD as well as the police.

Hey Dan,

Serious question: Is it unusual for the USAT to get involved in issuing DQ's/penalties post race based on photos/testimony and/or video? If not, does it need to be initiated by the RD, or can viewers/participants "ala the recent PGA Tour viewer call in decisions" initiate such a review?

Thanks,

-Ray

Ok thanks for heads up. I appreciate all that RD's and officials do for our sport. My overwhelming point with the power they have it's details that I hope are extremely accurate in talking these types of situations. They have a thankless job, I only hope in situations like this, accuracy is key. This seemed to be an race day incident that was handled and then seemingly transgressed further after the fact. I think that's the part I was calling into question.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com

And the collective work productivity of ST increases 300% after this thread gets locked.

Our employers salute you, Dan!

float , hammer , and jog

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [TerramarMan] [ In reply to ]

"Is it unusual for the USAT to get involved in issuing DQ's/penalties post race based on photos/testimony and/or video?"

unusual but not unheard of. i can think of at least one occasion that's been discussed here before.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

My wife will be happy tonight knowing this is now a dead thread - she might even make a move on me! I am just bummed I missed The Voice as I was so consumed with this one.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]

Murphy'sLaw wrote:
And the collective work productivity of ST increases 300% after this thread gets locked.

Our employers salute you, Dan!

Yeah right, I will find some other thread to waste my time on.

Back to work... Laughable...

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Sep 25, 13 10:07

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]

i think that's a fine coda for this thread. back to work. or to something.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Prev Next