Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Punching a woman during a race? [spot] [ In reply to ]

spot wrote:
Does anyone else see the irony in her calling him out as narcissistic several times, while she was the one backing out onto the race course to have freakin' photo taken, instead of getting off the course and then doing it?

This. Her holier than thou letter response was strange too.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [kdw] [ In reply to ]

kdw wrote:
The guy behind her definitely needs to buy the shot of him finishing with the gaggle of kids in front of him and the "Toughman" arch. His co-workers could say "Oh, I see you finished a race called the Toughman? Must have been pretty hard, although it doesn't look like the kids who beat you thought it was too tough."

LOL...going on a tangent....this reminded me of the one and only time I won a running race. I won it in 16'30"'ish, so it is not to brag. They started off the race as big pack which included the kids fun run. I was sooooo proud of my achievement UNTIL I arrived at work the next day and a co-worker said to me "Nice victory!!! You beat the 8 year olds." He held up the newspaper and there was a big picture in the sports section of me running and I had all these kids around me. The caption said I won the race. Damn hilarious. Damn embarrassing.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [AJHull] [ In reply to ]

just checking in.....still no video??

damn it!

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [TriGirrrrl] [ In reply to ]

TriGirrrrl wrote:
so if you running along as you state above knocked someone to the ground you would fall in the camp of just running on? the race is more important that the fact you just knocked a human being down? no sorry? no seeing if they are ok?

do all of you who fall in this camp also fall in the hit and run? ie if you hit someone in your car you would just keep going?

You seem to make some false assumptions.

I don't race. I attend events. I don't knock people down. If they fall, it is because they were at fault. I don't hit people with my car. But I cannot prevent people from falling into my car.

I think you make those assumptions because you race, you knock people down, and you hit people with your car.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [An Old Guy] [ In reply to ]

An Old Guy wrote:
TriGirrrrl wrote:
so if you running along as you state above knocked someone to the ground you would fall in the camp of just running on? the race is more important that the fact you just knocked a human being down? no sorry? no seeing if they are ok?

do all of you who fall in this camp also fall in the hit and run? ie if you hit someone in your car you would just keep going?

You seem to make some false assumptions.

I don't race. I attend events. I don't knock people down. If they fall, it is because they were at fault. I don't hit people with my car. But I cannot prevent people from falling into my car.

I think you make those assumptions because you race, you knock people down, and you hit people with your car.

My mind is now officially blown...

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [prattzc] [ In reply to ]

He hit an unsuspecting person who meant him no harm in the back, and that's inexcusable, regardless of the circumstances.

Being in a race makes no difference to whether his actions were appropriate. Somehow the majority of people in actual combat sports manage to obey allowable contact rules even when their opponent does not. His actions cannot be judged as being special because he was racing, or because there was a relatively minor infraction taking place in his vicinity.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [An Old Guy] [ In reply to ]

Rumor has it that when this thread reaches 25 pages, a bell is rung at Slowtwitch headquarters and someone wins a Felt bike with Di2. Keep it up!!!!

In an unrelated news clipping, it was stated that 70% of slowtwitcher's are unemployed.

Last edited by: AJHull: Sep 23, 13 13:40

AJHull wrote:
In an unrelated news clipping, it was stated that 70% of slowtwitcher's are unemployed.

...or about to be.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [hullcb] [ In reply to ]

hullcb wrote:
AJHull wrote:

...or about to be.

Exactly. How am I supposed to get anything done today when I have to check back on ST every 5 minutes for the video??

If I had one chance to go back in time, I'd go back to the Tyngsboro Trot in 2008 and kick my own ass...I'd never broken 18 for a 5K before and this was going to be the day...what a dick!

Thanks for the laugh. You and I share a similar humiliation.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [prattzc] [ In reply to ]

prattzc wrote:
Tough as in the course is one of the toughest courses, especially the run course. It's brutal. Swim is easy and the bike use to be tough, now not as tough.

The lane is not as you think/describe. The male runner in the infamous photo would still have about another 100 yards or more to continue going straight before making a 90 degree turn onto grass to "sprint" the last 50 yards to the finish line. That is to say that the photo is showing the collision at the transition area where the "run out" takes place.

Can't be that tough of a course. Blair went I think 20 minutes faster than his time from IM Syracuse 70.3. His run still sucked in both compared to his swim and bike legs.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]

Sorry, my tough meter is off, I'm hardly a man, not even close to the manliness of ST men. Man oh man....

Did you manage to break 18? It's ok, this year me and my friends went to an open track meet and ran against a bunch of MOP HS kids (no one notable showed up). Out-kicking someone half your age in a 1500 is always a good time. Though we did get stomped in the 4x800 relay

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [npage148] [ In reply to ]

17:56!

That is absolutely hysterical and awesome. Thanks for the laugh! I love it, staring down at watch and all.

#151 looks like she was in awe of your running prowess.

kdw wrote:

If I had one chance to go back in time, I'd go back to the Tyngsboro Trot in 2008 and kick my own ass...I'd never broken 18 for a 5K before and this was going to be the day...what a dick!

Back to the point of the thread, I see you have your elbow cocked to take out the girl in the orange.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [tballco] [ In reply to ]

tballco wrote:
kdw wrote:

Back to the point of the thread, I see you have your elbow cocked to take out the girl in the orange.

I had something similar happen to a friend. he thought he signed up for a 1 mile road race, and it turs out it was a one mile family fun run.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [tballco] [ In reply to ]

"Back to the point of the thread, I see you have your elbow cocked to take out the girl in the orange."

The extra boost I got from shoving her back at the gun not only cleared a lane so I didn't get slowed by the stoller at the gun, it likely was what gave me the momentum needed to crack 18. It's unfortunate she was between me and my goals, but hopefully a lesson was learned.

One of the best pics ever at ST. Love the self deprecation. Well done. Great, great pic. You certainly brought your "A" game to that race.

Why don't we take a 5 minute brake...?

also clear you plan on tripping the stroller, just after the gun goes off. Seriously, this pic just made the thread, bravo sir!

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [rruff] [ In reply to ]

rruff wrote:

knighty76 wrote:
Sprinting for a TDF stage win is a bit different than running in for a 1:39 half run leg, isn't it? Good grief.

That's not a TdF stage. It's the 1989 world road race championship, in which LeMond beat Dimitri Konyshev and Sean Kelly in the sprint.

Bigger than a TdF stage win, especially for a rider of his caliber.

dreaming~big wrote:
Honestly? Really?

Greg Lemond strikes me as a perfect gentleman. I do believe he would act accordingly in the appropriate circumstances.

Even in the field of battle, there is a code of conduct, my friend.

Semper fi.

~~ kate

Stick to triathlons Kate.

But still earn in excess of $200k/yr... on average...

Prev Next