Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Punching a woman during a race? [Goosedog] [ In reply to ]

Has this thread exceeded the Gorilla suit thread in terms of number of posts? Do we have a new term to use. as in "I was so mad almost Blaired the guy". or "this dude in a gorilla suit nearly Blaried me, but I veered right and missed him".

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]

I think it is finally time for Godwin's Law to make an appearance on this thread and we call it a day: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]

I'm a little confused. How does a promoter disqualify someone? Isn't that the sole purview of the officials?

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [rruff] [ In reply to ]

rruff wrote:
Greg Lemond *is* a perfect gentleman.

What, huh?!? Is there nothing to the drunken brawler stories from him as a young pro in Europe?

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]

johnnybefit wrote:
I think it is finally time for Godwin's Law to make an appearance on this thread and we call it a day:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

"It is considered poor form to raise such a comparison arbitrarily with the motive of ending the thread."

:op
Last edited by: UK2ME: Sep 23, 13 10:17

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]

johnnybefit wrote:
I think it is finally time for Godwin's Law to make an appearance on this thread and we call it a day: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Call it a day? Who are you to decide when a discussion is over? Do you know who else silenced free speech? Hitler.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [NAB777] [ In reply to ]

Wow. I can't read through 19 pages. I read through about 8 pages. What I want to know is did the punching dude post in ST yet? Cause you know he is reading this right now.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [johnmoran] [ In reply to ]

johnmoran wrote:
johnnybefit wrote:

Call it a day? Who are you to decide when a discussion is over? Do you know who else silenced free speech? Hitler.

Beautifully done, sir. Kudos.

johnmoran wrote:
johnnybefit wrote:

Bless you my friend.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [Pooks] [ In reply to ]

What, huh?!? Is there nothing to the drunken brawler stories from him as a young pro in Europe?

IMO a gentleman lacks "perfection" if he doesn't get into a drunken brawl now and then...

johnmoran wrote:
johnnybefit wrote:

----

It is already been proven that Hitler has little power here,....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx2Ow_fSt9I

--

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [NAB777] [ In reply to ]

Seeing this thread reminded me of the woman who intentionally punched me during the IMC swim this year after some incidental contact where we slapped each other's hands early in the swim. We we breathing to opposite sides (facing each other) and she looked straight at me and intentionally punched me! Classy lady.

The guy the subject of this thread is certainly no sportsman, however men definitely do not have a monopoly on poor sportsmanship.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [heliskyr] [ In reply to ]

Chit is getting a little overblown here. Needs a rest don't you think?

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [heliskyr] [ In reply to ]

Too bad your wife or girlfriend didn't get a pic of it so they could run to the officials after the race to get her DQ'd, then post up the pic on a blog or two to get a social media fervor going!

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [J-rod] [ In reply to ]

Actually no- a single comment on this thread is appropriate.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [MegRuns] [ In reply to ]

Many people seem to think that caring too much about your PR when you aren't in contention for the win is lame, whereas I think that people who aren't competitive and don't put their all into races are lame.

People race/particpate for various reasons. It's not lame that someone cares about and tries for a PR even when out of contention. (Although I'm not sure what a PR in a triathlon really means.) Nor is it lame for someone to have a different goal or agenda, something that may not involve putting their all into the race.

What I think is lame is when people judge others based upon their different goals and approaches to the event. It's pretty snobbish to look down on those who may not have the same goal or agenda as you do.

What I also think is lame is when someone cares so much about the PR that he or she, either deliberately or recklessly, sacrifices the safety of others. Race hard, but race in control.

Finally, I also think it lame for someone involved in an incident like this (regardless of how it is spun -- intentional, reckless, accident, his fault, her fault, etc.) to not stop and check on the well being of the other person, PR be damned.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [malte] [ In reply to ]

malte wrote:
435 posts, over 34000 views, multiple announcements of THE VIDEO, but no show of THE VIDEO yet.
People, the suspense is KILLING ME !!!1!!11!!

How about they put up the video, charge for admission, then donate the proceeds to battered women's charities? I'll gladly pay a few bucks.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [tballco] [ In reply to ]

PINK:
Out of all the alternatives, and from all the possible outcomes, the only thing we can be certain of in this whole affair, is that devashish-paul has not a single friend in the entire world. Can somebody please google this guy back to his birth and dig up some old acquantance? Anyone. Even his nanny from childhood will do /PINK

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [Chewie] [ In reply to ]

He has lots of friends, but they're all over 80 and don't even know what youtube is.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [kdw] [ In reply to ]

kdw wrote:
I just hope the guy behind her didn't want a finisher pic:

http://www.backprint.com/...mp;PWD=0&BIB=735

WOW! simply WOW!

What is this race? Disneyland Triathlon? Is the 'Tough' in Toughman supposed to be ironic?

On a more serious note, I am surprised how the course was layed out. Just before the finish, where people are looking at their watches, perhaps trying to pass a competitor and going at full speed for the finish, the finishers are supposed to run on the left hand side of the road whilst the road takes a right hand turn? The thing is, NOBODY is going to stick to the left hand side. Unless you have a volunteer with a whistle, or beacons at every few paces, people run the shortest distance. Even the woman who got hit was on the right hand side of the road.

So what we've got are two participants who are both on the wrong side of the road. One of them is doing what he is supposed to do: running in the direction of the finishing line. The other is standing still, not being observant of the other competitors running toowards the finishing line, yet taking up space and even backing into the course.

My questions are:

- How was the 'run on the right or left' marked? Was it easy to see?
- How many competitors were DQ'd or had som kind of addition to their time because of running on the right hand side of the road?
- Has the RD considered DQ the woman?

Chewie wrote:
PINK:
Out of all the alternatives, and from all the possible outcomes, the only thing we can be certain of in this whole affair, is that devashish-paul has not a single friend in the entire world. Can somebody please google this guy back to his birth and dig up some old acquantance? Anyone. Even his nanny from childhood will do /PINK

Been shaking my head at that as well.

Chewie wrote:

PINK:

Oh, I bet he has a Youtube account. It's probably just tied in with some weird fetish that he doesn't want people to find out about.

Tough as in the course is one of the toughest courses, especially the run course. It's brutal. Swim is easy and the bike use to be tough, now not as tough.

The lane is not as you think/describe. The male runner in the infamous photo would still have about another 100 yards or more to continue going straight before making a 90 degree turn onto grass to "sprint" the last 50 yards to the finish line. That is to say that the photo is showing the collision at the transition area where the "run out" takes place.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [prattzc] [ In reply to ]

prattzc wrote:
Tough as in the course is one of the toughest courses, especially the run course. It's brutal. Swim is easy and the bike use to be tough, now not as tough.

So how does Toughman compare to The Norseman.

As I have never done Norseman, I'm not positive, but from what I've heard...not as "tough".

Prev Next