Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Punching a woman during a race? [meuf] [ In reply to ]

Nick Mallett wrote:
How do you know the guy was redlining? How do you know meuf wasn't redlining?What has the length of the event got to do with being a decent human?

I am beginning to think that peoples differing opinions are a direct reflection of what they deem acceptable and what they would have done in the same situation...Quite interesting actually.

----

Do you even race or just post on ST? Use some common sense and look at the picture. He wasn't walking. At the end of a HIM your mind is somewhere else. I wasn't trying to justify his actions, merely reflect on the irrelevancy of a 1 mile race comparison. After an all out 1 mile run you are no where near that point of exhaustion.

meuf wrote:
apparently oceanlife is an acronym for bottom feeder

Spend some more time doing intervals and less time coming up with witty responses.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [Nick Mallett] [ In reply to ]

Pfft...Columbo would have already solved this caper.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [MegRuns] [ In reply to ]

MegRuns wrote:
Nick Mallett wrote:
MegRuns wrote:
needmoreair wrote:
motoguy128 wrote:
I still have only see visual evidence of a collision, not a "punch" or someone actively "hitting" another person. I'm seeing poor judgement by 2 individuals. One clearly very fatigued at the end of the race and another not paying much attention after a long but relatively leisurely swim and ride based on her descriptions.

How's that for a summary?

So we're saying here that he should have somehow came to a stop, jumped over her, swerved into... potentially... on coming runner on the other side of the roadway, or . I'm not saying this dude is a really nice guy, but he was thrown into a very bad situation that he didn't create and made some attempt to avoid by moving all the way across the lane.

Until there's a video, not much else can be concluded.

Nobody thinks this guy had a right be be a little upset that he was disqualified because another competitor stepped in front of him and blocked his way?

Sounds like a good summary of the event.

Doesn't take into account the blog and the woman's account later on, which I think is the real issue and the driving force behind this entire episode.

This guy should 100% be upset he was DQed. If nothing else, he should push for her DQ as well. She should be upset for getting knocked down if she wants. That's never fun either.

Until there's definitive proof of malice, I 100% believe this incident should have never left the course. No DQs for the man, no DQs for the woman. Next time don't walk backwards onto race courses.

In the event there is definitive proof of malice, then let the governing bodies have their way. But no one who has seen nothing but a picture and bought into some rhetoric can say with any conviction whatsoever that malice did take place. Such an assumption is merely the result of blindly buying into some viral "marketing". And as I keep repeating, THAT is the real issue.

YES, THIS^ ... a reasonable opinion!

I'm a female runner (yes, a visitor from the dreaded Letsrun.com) so, I realize that I'm an outsider to triathlon and to this forum, but having skimmed through both this thread and the one on Letsrun.com, I'm honestly kind of surprised at the amount of vitriol on this forum directed towards the guy in this incident.

Yes, I can agree that in the grand scheme of things, it probably wouldn't have killed the guy to slow down drastically or do whatever he had to do to completely avoid this woman - but, really, are this many of you so "relaxed" about racing that if it were your PR on the line, you wouldn't have made a similar decision/error in that moment?Why is there so much sympathy for a woman who is 1) chatting with spectators during a race(!) the clock is ticking, isn't it??? 2) obliviously in someone's way who is actually racing, ie. cares about finish time/place 3) cries about being knocked down.

Do we really live in a world now where it is "narcissistic" to participate in athletic endeavors and care a lot about your performance? What happened to dedication, passion and hard work to push your limits, regardless of your level of talent? Do we not respect "giving a crap" anymore? I think it's sort of douchey to imply that because he was only going 7:30 pace, this somehow makes it "less okay" for him to care about his results. Conversely, if he had been the overall race winner, it wouldn't have made the fact that he ran into the woman any better or worse. He's just some guy (slower than some of you, faster than others) who really really wanted to do well in this race, and made a somewhat poor decision as a result. It's not as if the guy was doing EPO... evidence for the fact that he intentionally hurt this woman is circumstantial, AT BEST.

I sort of wonder if people's reactions to this incident reflect the fact that we are becoming, not the "slowest" generation (per WSJ article), but just the weakest generation. There's the prevailing mindset now that people participate in races to feel good about themselves, that we can only be bothered to complete marathons if it's "for cancer" or "to be inspiring". Hey, if you get tired, take a walking break, it's cool! How dare bad things happen, like collisions, falls or bike crashes. Those things happen all of the time to elites and sub-elites, and even though those people may depend on the sport for their well-being, they actually do NOT cry and freak out and assess blame. They get up and finish the race, why can't we do the same?

The world is a tough place. For people who think that getting knocked down (in a race where you clearly didn't care all that much about your finish time, and in an incident that was partially your own fault) is SUCH a moral outrage, how do you make it through the day???

-----

So you think it is okay to just push people out of the way or knock them down during races? Aren't you a special kind of bitch!

----

Nick Mallett, you may not like my opinion, but I didn't say that it was "okay". I said that I didn't think that there was sufficient evidence for the fact that he maliciously or intentionally shoved her out of the way, and given that, it just didn't seem like such a tremendous outrage to me. Do you really think this guy thought to himself "Heyyy, should I rudely shove this woman out of my way and knock her down? Or should I go around?" This doesn't even make any sense! If he is so PB obsessed, then deliberately shoving someone en route is not the logical choice to make. The loss of balance and momentum that would occur is probably worse for his finish time than going slightly around. Unless there is significant evidence to the contrary, he probably just miscalculated how much of a berth he had to give her, given her erratic movement backwards. It is unfortunate that this occurred, and yes, he is partially to blame. So, some people are rude and time-obsessed. Just as others are rude and completely unaware of their surroundings.

All I'm saying is that, come on, if you want to participate in sports, it may help to grow a thicker skin. So you got knocked down in a race and you think its the other person's fault. That sucks, but get up, buck up and move on (vs. cry and write a self righteous blog post about it). Run a PR. Maybe it will toughen you up a little! If that makes me a bitch, fine - duly noted, thanks.

------

Years ago,a friend of mine was racing in Ironman Canada and was running back fro the turn around at about mile 14.He came across a competitor who was on the ground totally out of it just as an ambulance arrived.He stopped and went back to make sure that competitor was okay before continuing on with his run.The thing is,the guy who collapsed was in the lead at the time and my friend Tom was in second.Even though he had taken over the lead of the race he still had the decency to see if Dave was okay before continuing on to win the race.

I guess I learned a lot about priorities when I saw the footage of that incident but sadly it would seem that the times and peoples sense of compassion for fellow athletes have changed a lot since those days.

I suggest you read the post below from the race director of the event in question and let us know if you still think that this was an acceptable behaviour to have when "racing"...

----
Last edited by: Nick Mallett: Sep 22, 13 10:53

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]

Paul,

After several spectators reported the incident post race and corroboration from a picture and video, we brought this to the head USAT official Russ Gold for his opinion. He looked at the picture and referred this matter to USAT who came back to us with a referral to DQ the competitor for Unsportsmanlike Conduct.
Ultimately it was my decision that the athlete be DQ'd because even though she MIGHT have been in his way this is NEVER an excuse to punch someone else. To his credit he sent back his award and medal without a major complaint because he knew that what he had done was not called for and done in a moment of emotion (rushing to the finish of a race).

It is also not apparent from the photo but he was running far to right when they collided when the run course was marked for incoming runners to stay left before making a rt turn into the finishline chute (about 20 yrds further down from the spot of their collision) and outgoing runners to stay to their left coming out of T2 (so as not to have any collisions).

From the spectators who came forward to report this, to the woman herself that did not want to make an issue of it, to the USAT Officials, to our staff, I think this was the right decision.

As both a racer and organizer for over 25 yrs I can honestly say that I was appalled by this.

Our race is a family oriented event that focuses on the athletes experience as well as safety.
There is no room for behavior such as this and this will never be tolerated.

Richard Izzo Race Director Toughman Half, Toughkids Triathlon Series.

http://www.TOUGHMANTri.com

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [oceanlife] [ In reply to ]

oceanlife wrote:
Nick Mallett wrote:

How do you know the guy was redlining? How do you know meuf wasn't redlining?What has the length of the event got to do with being a decent human?

I am beginning to think that peoples differing opinions are a direct reflection of what they deem acceptable and what they would have done in the same situation...Quite interesting actually.

----

Do you even race or just post on ST? Use some common sense and look at the picture. He wasn't walking. At the end of a HIM your mind is somewhere else. I wasn't trying to justify his actions, merely reflect on the irrelevancy of a 1 mile race comparison. After an all out 1 mile run you are no where near that point of exhaustion.

meuf wrote:

Spend some more time doing intervals and less time coming up with witty responses.

------

Nope never raced ever...Those 200+ events I have done were all colour runs.....Ever watched a rugby player sidestep another player at full speed,same goes our our Aussie rules players down here,they manage to run around folks who are actually TRYING to tackle them.It is football season in the USA,go turn on a TV and see how it is done....To say that he was incapable of dodging someone purely because he was finishing a half Iron is just lame..Maybe she backed into him or maybe she didn't but she didn't jump out of a tree like a fucking ninja.

I suggest that you read the post from the race director of Toughman who was there and has seen all the footage and made the decision to DQ the asshole..The post is the one above this one..Then please get back to me and tell me how cool this guys behavior was.

---

----
Last edited by: Nick Mallett: Sep 22, 13 10:30

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [Richard Izzo] [ In reply to ]

Richard Izzo wrote:
Paul,

After several spectators reported the incident post race and corroboration from a picture and video, we brought this to the head USAT official Russ Gold for his opinion. He looked at the picture and referred this matter to USAT who came back to us with a referral to DQ the competitor for Unsportsmanlike Conduct.
Ultimately it was my decision that the athlete be DQ'd because even though she MIGHT have been in his way this is NEVER an excuse to punch someone else. To his credit he sent back his award and medal without a major complaint because he knew that what he had done was not called for and done in a moment of emotion (rushing to the finish of a race).

It is also not apparent from the photo but he was running far to right when they collided when the run course was marked for incoming runners to stay left before making a rt turn into the finishline chute (about 20 yrds further down from the spot of their collision) and outgoing runners to stay to their left coming out of T2 (so as not to have any collisions).

From the spectators who came forward to report this, to the woman herself that did not want to make an issue of it, to the USAT Officials, to our staff, I think this was the right decision.

As both a racer and organizer for over 25 yrs I can honestly say that I was appalled by this.

Our race is a family oriented event that focuses on the athletes experience as well as safety.

------

Thank you for letting us know what actually happened so we can view this incident from a better educated perspective......Oh and thanks for DQ'ing the asshole!!

---

Like I replied to Paul, I race like all of you here and have been in the middle of inadvertent (and sometimes purposeful swim contact) which unfortunately happens from time to time but there is never an excuse for punching someone in the face for ANY reason, and at our race which focuses on safety and an uplifting experience it will never be tolerated.
To the credit of the athlete in question he did handed back his awards without any issues.

Richard Izzo TOUGHMAN Race Director, TOUGHKids Triathlon Series

http://www.TOUGHMANTri.com

Nick Mallett wrote:
oceanlife wrote:
Nick Mallett wrote:

----

meuf wrote:

------

Nope never raced ever...Those 200+ events I have done were all colour runs.....Ever watched a rugby player sidestep another player at full speed,same goes our our Aussie rules players down here,they manage to run around folks who are actually TRYING to tackle them.It is football season in the USA,go turn on a TV and see how it is done....To say that he was incapable of dodging someone purely because he was finishing a half Iron is just lame..Maybe she backed into him or maybe she didn't but she didn't jump out of a tree like a fucking ninja.

I suggest that you read the post from the race director of Toughman who was there and has seen all the footage and made the decision to DQ the asshole..The post is the one above this one..Then please get back to me and tell me how cool this guys behavior was.

---

----

oceanlife pwned

Richard Izzo wrote:
Paul,

I'm curious to know how many people came forward to report that he PUNCHED her and of those, how many were friends of hers?

You description of where he was running and the layout of the run out and finish chute makes no sense to me. I assume you had the runners always running on the side of the road that a car would travel. In other words the runners going out onto the run course would stay on the right side of the road s we are looking at the incident in the pic. The returning runners would be on the left side of the road, again as seen in the pic. The guy was as far left as he could go before he entered the wrong lane and she was obviously in the return runners lane. Does this sound accurate?

If so, How can you say "MIGHT" have been in his way?

Where's the video that you saw? And the video showed him "punch her in the face"?
Last edited by: Burnt Toast: Sep 22, 13 11:12

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [meuf] [ In reply to ]

The interesting thing for me will be just how many of the people who spent so much effort in making up scenarios to defend this assholes actions will actually come back and admit they were wrong.This woman ,as silly as her actions may have been,was assaulted on course by a guy who didn't give a damn about what he did and who he hurt to get to that finish line.That is inexcusable behavior in any civil society but yet here on ST many people CHOSE to turn the whole thing around to defend him and dump on the victim.Why am I not surprised ST,why am I not surprised?

----
Last edited by: Nick Mallett: Sep 22, 13 11:11

Richard Izzo wrote:
Like I replied to Paul, I race like all of you here and have been in the middle of inadvertent (and sometimes purposeful swim contact) which unfortunately happens from time to time but there is never an excuse for punching someone in the face for ANY reason, and at our race which focuses on safety and an uplifting experience it will never be tolerated.
To the credit of the athlete in question he did handed back his awards without any issues.

First of all, thanks for coming on here and clarifying and most importantly putting on the event!

OK, Richard, if you guys saw the video and had eyewitness testimony, then you have the full picture. While the case is closed, wrt to the man being DQ'd, I don't think the behaviour of the woman on the course should be supported, simply because if all kinds of racers back into others perpendicular to their path of motion, then bad things will happen. If I am driving along a road and someone drives in from the side when I have the right of way and is about to T-bone me, it's generally the fault of the person who does not have the right of way. He is wrong for the punch/shove as you have articulated, but she's wrong for effectively T-boning him and without her initial action he has no reason for his reaction. I am not condoning his reaction, but the woman set up the situation and was being equally unsportsmanlike without consideration for the flow of athletes with right of way. Sounds like a fair reason for a DQ of both parties. We've both been racers/participants forever, so I see both angles. As a race director, I appreciate this scenario is "lose lose" and its a tight spot to be stuck in.
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Sep 22, 13 11:18

Not replying to Nick specifically...

But we just learned a few things, now didn't we?
- Blair was on the wrong side of the road.
- Blair punched someone. Punched.
- Blair didn't appeal the DQ. And sent his medal back.
- The Letsrun diagram was wrong.
- Oceanlife and Needmoreair are similar douches as Blair.
- 'Being Blaired' is the gloss for getting a forearm shiver or punch from some a-hole trying to AG PR. Age Group PR. Consider that.

And things we knew:
- Blair didn't slow down
- Blair didn't stop to see if she was OK.
- She was backing up. And doing something that wasn't ok. But not on the wrong side of the road (see Letsrun diagram, even though it's not accurate, in her favor).

I won't get into Chivalry, as it's not pertinent. The bedrock in the argument is 1) it's every racer's responsibility to be safe. At first, I thought it was evenly split (him sprinting, her backing up). Now that we know he was on the wrong side of the road, it's his fault. And don't give me the 'tunnel vision' argument. Tunnel vision places every other racer, volunteer, and himself at risk. That's worse. 2) When you see someone not in the right place, slow down. I ran today in Switzerland, where motorcycles and cars zip out all over the place, plus plenty of pedestrian traffic. When you see something that looks funny, slow down, assess options, and err on the side of not punching someone; 3) if you do run into someone (sometimes it happens), stop, and ask / help. It's a human thing.

And for an AG-er, I find it incredible that he didn't stop. And find it even more incredible that the self-absorbed, race-fevered, PR-focused folks on this thread aren't more outraged, regardless of what happened to cause it, that he didn't stop. That's inexcusable.

I just learned a lot about how the culture of triathlon, PR's, power, measurement really manifest itself in people, humans. Not sure I saw that before for what it is.

------------------

- I do all my own stunts
Last edited by: Rick in the D: Sep 22, 13 11:21

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]

Burnt Toast wrote:
I'm curious to know how many people came forward to report that he PUNCHED her and of those, how many were friends of hers?

You description of where he was running and the layout of the run out and finish chute makes no sense to me. I assume you had the runners always running on the side of the road that a car would travel. In other words the runners going out onto the run course would stay on the right side of the road s we are looking at the incident in the pic. The returning runners would be on the left side of the road, again as seen in the pic. The guy was as far left as he could go before he entered the wrong lane and she was obviously in the return runners lane. Does this sound accurate?

Where's the video that you saw? And the video showed him "punch her in the face"?

It's moot; as much as we all like to play Armchair RD, you (and the rest of us aside from Richard Izzo) have insufficient information to make the call, nor the responsibility to do so. Nobody is obligated to provide the video footage nor additional photographs just to satisfy the ST voyeurs.

Bottom line is that you have to trust that your officials will make the best use of the resources they have available to them to make a decision like this, and it has been made with the due amount of respect for all parties involved.

Was it a fair and reasonable conclusion they came to? One hopes so.
Do bad calls get made in every sport from time to time? They do.
Do we all do stupid things and make bad judgement calls in the heat of the moment sometimes? I believe we do.

Nick Mallett wrote:
The interesting thing for me will be just how many of the people who spent so much effort in making up scenarios to defend this assholes actions will actually come back and admit they were wrong.This woman ,as silly as her actions may have been,was assaulted on course by a guy who didn't give a damn about what he did and who he hurt to get to that finish line.That is inexcusable behavior in any civil society but yet here on ST many people CHOSE to turn the whole thing around to defend him and dump on the victim.Why am I not surprised ST,why am I not surprised?

----

Nick...I am not defending the guy for his punch/shove as Richard reports, but I don't think it is cool to randomly back into the flow of racers. If we were in a rugby or soccer or football competition, there are general rules and etiquette that all athletes on the field of play should follow. i don't see why in triathlons people feel they can do whatever the hell they want on race course. She was the instigator of the entire incident. Without her choice of personal trajectory, which was contrary to everyone else on the course, none of this needs to happen in the first place. That's the only thing I have an issue with. You can't be the victim in an accident scene, when you caused the accident in the first place.

Burnt Toast wrote:

Why are you defending this asshole? Using your argument, how do we know you are not his friend? eh?
He PUNCHED her. PUNCHED. Had he just crashed, ok, she got suddenly in front of him and caused the accident. But he PUNCHED her. There's no excuse, that's a douche move. He has the "excuse" of doing that in the "heat" of a race -- of being "in the zone" or whatever, -- You are defending him with a clear and cold mindset; that makes you a worst douche and worst asshole.
Last edited by: Maui_: Sep 22, 13 11:37

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]

Sure. But you can be the "victim" in an accident scenario if the other driver reacts to the accident by punching you. Which, per the witnesses and neutral third party officials that saw the video, is what happened here.

You want her dq'd as well? I have no problem with that if she backed onto the wrong side of the course precipitating the dickbag reaction. Sounds to me though, from the RD's description, that king dickbag was actually on the wrong side of the course when the incident occured. She shouldn't have been jacking around on the course, but if he hadn't rUn off course there wouldn't have been an incident for us to obsess over for 300+ posts.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [Maui_] [ In reply to ]

Maui_ wrote:
Burnt Toast wrote:

Why are you defending this asshole? Using your argument, how do we know you are not his friend? eh?
He PUNCHED her. PUNCHED. Had he just crashed, ok, she got suddenly in front of him and caused the accident. But he PUNCHED her. There's no excuse, that's a douche move.

Go back and read some of my comments on this thread, I'm not defending him and do not know him, her or you. I said he's an asshat for not stopping to see if she was okay. I think most decent people would have done that if it where an accident no matter who did what.

My inquiry is towards why Richard said it was a punch. It doesn't look like a punch from the two pics I've seen and if someone has a video and can get a couple still from it showing a fist or movement that infers a punching move, then post them. Everything I've read also states she had a scrap and bruising to the back of her shoulder but Richard said he "punched her in the face", where did that come from?

My question about if the witness where her friends is because its sounds so much worse to say this guy punched her instead ran into her as they felt she was wronged and obviously wanted retribution if they went to the RD after the race.

The other night, there was a group of kids that where vandalizing my property. I ran out of my house to catch them and grabbed on kid by his coat sleeve to prevent him from getting away. I got his name and a couple of the others from him as well as license plates from the cars they drove. The next day at school, my daughter was told that I actually grabbed the kid by the neck and choked him. I can assure you that never happened but I'm not surprised the story changed.

Sound similar? I grabbed the kid by his coat sleeve, his friends that got away said I choked him. This guy and lady ran into each other, but the people that were watching her said he punched her.

Hell, there are people sitting in prison just because someone said they saw that person do the crime. The eyes can deceive and emotions can convince, yet DNA can latter prove them wrong.

Again, he's an asshat for not stopping to make sure she was okay. If he had, I doubt anyone would have gone to the race director and said she was punched.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [chriskal] [ In reply to ]

chriskal wrote:
Sure. But you can be the "victim" in an accident scenario if the other driver reacts to the accident by punching you. Which, per the witnesses and neutral third party officials that saw the video, is what happened here.

You want her dq'd as well? I have no problem with that if she backed onto the wrong side of the course precipitating the dickbag reaction. Sounds to me though, from the RD's description, that king dickbag was actually on the wrong side of the course when the incident occured. She shouldn't have been jacking around on the course, but if he hadn't rUn off course there wouldn't have been an incident for us to obsess over for 300+ posts.

Putting the actions of the DQ'd guy aside, what she was doing was not acceptable out on an open the race course. Just follow the prescribed flow of athletes. That's all I am asking of her and any other athletes at any race. Don't so silly things. Don't do unexpected things. Have regard that there is a race going on and there are others out there. If we all keep that in mind, then racing/events, will go off smoothly and gentlemen like Richard Izzo who go out of their way to put on these events, don't need to get pulled into these needless incidents. Is the guy a dickhead for his actions? I don't actually care. He got DQ'd for something that Richard has corroborated as being unsportsmanlike.

I think because maybe "we" pick and choose when we want to add prospective. An incident like this occurs in the swim,and what's the reaction? Ho hum, shrug the shoulders. I'm not even talking about "incidental" contact, I'm talking about swimming over top of people that occurs on likely every OWS. What really gives the right to people thinking that's acceptable? Because we cant pick out who did, it doest happen in front of an official/fan, or because it's a "race" and by goly I needed that space your in?

I think it's great that an event like this gets cleaned up, what I find interesting is the *seemingly* acceptance of this behavior in other racing situations (most noticeable ows situations).

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com

Richard Izzo wrote:

When you say "punch", do you mean a closed fist punch? That's what I think of when I hear punch. And he actually punched her in the face? With a running start? Wow. It's surprising she wasn't seriously injured.

Mike Sparks

I have competed well, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [Maui_] [ In reply to ]

Maui_ wrote:
Burnt Toast wrote:

-- You are defending him with a clear and cold mindset; that makes you a worst douche and worst asshole.

I don't really care if this guy got DQ'd or punished for "ünsportsmanlike conduct". I'm not defending his actions, I just find it interesting he's being accused of punching her when what little evidence the public has can be skewed by emotion and self righteousness. Punching her doesn't sound reasonable, putting your hand up to protect yourself from a collision (regardless if you are initiating the contact or reaction to it) does sound reasonable. IF you did put up your arm, its also reasonable that it could be moved backwards after the impact and look similar to the photo without a punching motion.

Saying he punched her could easily damage his reputation outside of any website, blog or chat room and have real world consequences to his life, family and business. I think its a bad move to accuse him of doing that at this point, especially from the RD.

MTA: You are demonizing and destroying his character with a clear and cold mindset, but for some reason you fail to see that also.
Last edited by: Burnt Toast: Sep 22, 13 12:25

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [Sparks] [ In reply to ]

Sparks wrote:
Richard Izzo wrote:

When you say "punch", do you mean a closed fist punch? That's what I think of when I hear punch. And he actually punched her in the face? With a running start? Wow. It's surprising she wasn't seriously injured.

"Wow, are you a triathlete?"
If spoken by a non-swimmer, that's a compliment. When spoken by a swimmer.... -glitch
My wife's blog http://www.hostilewit.com

Re: Punching a woman during a race? [Kevin McCoy] [ In reply to ]

Kevin McCoy wrote:
Sparks wrote:
Richard Izzo wrote:

So the video finally surfaced. She looked hot in the still, must have been touched up.

OK, Richard just sent me the video and asked me to post it so as the end the debates (or perhaps it will increase things). The problem is that i don't have a youtube account so if one of you guys who I personally know (as in, we met in person) sends me an email, I'll forward it to you to post on behalf of Richard.

I have my interpretation of what I see. I do see her randomly walking backwards into the field of play which as I articulated above, felt that her action sets up the entire incident. The video corroborates that (in my opinion). I do see him actively lift up his right arm to push/shove her out of his path so that he does not go into the oncoming lane. I can't tell if it is punch. It very well may be. What I see is that he "COULD" have swerved to his right to avoid her entirely, but stayed on his path towards the finish line.

Why? The RD saw the video and stated that punching someone is not acceptable. Do you fail to accept jury verdicts unless you and the public at large get to sit in on the deliberations?

Prev Next