Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Puma H Street?
Quote | Reply
Any of you run-in-flats-all-the-time folks try these yet?

I've been on Brooks T3s for some time and want to try something with a little less heel cushion.
Quote Reply
Re: Puma H Street? [Ashburn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't run in flats all the time, but for shorter races with up to a 10k run I run in Asics DS Racers. For all longer distances I use the DS Trainers. I have tried Brooks, Puma, Adidas and Saucony, but keep coming back to Asics.
Herbert
Litespeed/QR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's alot more info on these shoes on the POSE web site posetech.com. Yes, I train in these 5 to 6 days a weekand they seem to be holding up well.

Quote | Reply
I pounded about 600 miles in those pups at Hall Ranch in Lyons this winter. Great shoes! One of the VERY few shoes that I recommend to runners. I started to bust out the side of them, thats why I stopped using them. The traction in the snow was less than great ;)

Also, without a heel counter, I found them to be hard to get on and off with elastic laces, but I know others who dont have a problem.

I now use the Brook Z1 track spike with the spike plate ground off and a Vibrum outsole glued on. Best shoes I have EVER run in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've covered about 150k in them; in a word, magical! Also, surprisingly durable. I've been meaning to write up a more lengthy review, but can't find the time these days. If you're a forefoot/midfoot striker you should try these.

John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know this is now an idle thread, but I've been happily using the same pair of H-Streets (mesh) since later summer 2004. Only thing I'd ask for is a straighter last.

One thing to be aware of is the manufacturer's coating on the rubber sole. Until that wears off, traction will not be at its best.

Another thing to be aware of it that I've come across some variation in the sole height from different model years. I had recently bought a new pair and found the heel a little taller than my everyday black one... maybe 2mm difference?

I'm gonna put these blue ones up for sale again in the classies -- 1/2 size too small....

-----------------------
Proud member of Team Tooth Pick (TTP): like a leaf in the wind.
Quote Reply