Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Protest/Issues With Hottie Thread; Put Here
Quote | Reply
Figured i'd toss the forum an attempt to keep a great thread on topic and free from hijacking,

If you have an issue with the thread put it here, discuss it here, and debate it here, as in not there.
Quote Reply
Re: Protest/Issues With Hottie Thread; Put Here [Ben in FL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is an excellent place to call out and take down the non-athlete pictures in the thread, which have effectively done the hijacking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gee, who is this post directed at?

Ben, this is a public forum, and like any community, there are going to be people who disagree... and I disagreed with the appropriateness of a few of those posts. The issues I raised were relevant, and I didn't believe they were sufficiently off-topic to merit a whole new thread. I have no desire whatsoever to hijack or kill or even protest that thread. At this point, the thing transcends all of us ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Protest/Issues With Hottie Thread; Put Here [La Corredora] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yo, if girls wanna post up pics of guys in that thread and talk about their package, their abs etc...i dont mind.

;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well, uh, actually it was directed at myself, becuase i posted about the age and eating habits of one of the women pictured, and that touched off some off topic posts.

That was prolly the only time i really regret posting something on the internet, so i figured i'd make up for it by starting this thread.

The issues that i, and you, raised were relevant, but they were kinda like someone asking a teacher a question, and then the whole class goes to hell as everyone starts discussing various (relevant) tangents.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ben... fair enough. I figured it was a subtle shot in my direction, since you posted it a few minutes after my other posts.

The classroom analogy is a good one, and if you'd rather keep that thread free of other tangentially related issues, I will go along with that. Something tells me that this post isn't going to get 80,000 views like the other one, though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"That was prolly the only time i really regret posting something on the internet"

Do you know that you can go back to your post and edit/delete it?
Quote Reply
Re: Protest/Issues With Hottie Thread; Put Here [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's cheating

It only counts if you make add it too the bottom of the thread and annoounce your changes/revisions in opinion.

In this case, i would have had to delete a whole bunch of post, and that most deffinatly would be cheating
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just wanted to make sure you were aware of the edit/delete function, nothing more.

(If that matters, I personally think that you own your posts and are free to do whatever you want with them. I don't see what cheating has to do with that but I surely don't have a problem with your point of view regarding your own posts)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just joking about the whole cheating thing

uh, for everyone, if my post ever offend you or seem overly serious about something stupid, just assume i forgot the little ;) thing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"There are, in fact, pictures of me on the internet that I posted on my own website. How would I feel if my image showed up here? I don't know... my vanity would probably be flattered, but if I felt like the comments were objectifying, if I was being treated as a sex instrument instead of an athlete and an individual, then I would be ticked off."

1) i don't beleive you, what website has your pictures on it.

2) on a more serious note, if you might get offended by how some people view your pictures, the internet is most certainly not the place to put them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you forgot a whole lot of smileys in this thread

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...earch_string;#182372

No problem.

Is it this Frances thingy that's keeping you awake, by the way?
Quote Reply
Re: Protest/Issues With Hottie Thread; Put Here [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no, that's just how i am, i'm a stubborn asshole and i call 'em like i see 'em.

My end points are usually pretty serious and valid, but sugarcoating gets old. The whole 'in person verse in writing' concept has been pretty well acknoledged on this forum, but there is more to it.

When you are sitting down to type on your computer, you are in control and you are right, no one can take that away from you. People get easily offended on these chat forums becuase they get a sense of someone challenging their authority.

People also differ in writing and reading styles, which is very important to how you might interpret, or come across to, a wide variety of people.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no, if it's gonna come there's nothin my staying awake can do about it.

I have too much time on my hands, am employed by the internet, and am in college, so i don't sleep and i can afford to waste too much time here. That and the fact that about i seem to be involved in way too many threads right now.
Quote Reply