Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Project Carbon X 2 - Live
Quote | Reply
So, I noticed a week ago that this was a thing. Which it was less of a secret than the Marathon Project.

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Tzynp-cqs

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Project Carbon X 2 - Live [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watching it. Great quote about someone training with Jim Walmsley “you don’t go to the Grand Canyon with Jim” 😂😂❤️

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Last edited by: Sbernardi: Jan 23, 21 7:44
Quote Reply
Re: Project Carbon X 2 - Live [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A couple of years ago I would have never watched a run race...but courtesy of Triathlon and this website I now know of more runners and actually enjoy watching dudes beat pavement.

So let's talk about the money Hoka is investing in this shoe launch. Two years in a row they're spending 100k+ for a production set up to broadcast a road Ultra record for this shoe.

The only other company that has done something like this is Nike. So Deckers...can we get you to up your foam game?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this location used for any triathlons? Looks like it could be a good closed course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JW's stride!

-------
Anders
Quote Reply
Re: Project Carbon X 2 - Live [AMC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ouch!!! He missed it by like 10 seconds or so!

I'll say it....he would have beaten it if he had been in Nikes!!
Quote Reply
Re: Project Carbon X 2 - Live [IanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IanH wrote:
Is this location used for any triathlons? Looks like it could be a good closed course.

Not that I know of. Tempe Town lake has to be treated pretty often to bring down the acidity level. But I know people who've gotten knee deep in the racing lake and their pants change colors. Not sure what it would take to get it able to swim in.

Quote Reply
Re: Project Carbon X 2 - Live [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agh! Soooo close. He was totally done. Kept looking at his watch. Amazing effort tho. He’ll be crushed, but he’s still the man!
Quote Reply
Re: Project Carbon X 2 - Live [triguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
World record or not, I have no idea how anyone can run 100km...
Quote Reply
Re: Project Carbon X 2 - Live [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was heartbreaking. He looked so disappointed after :(

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Project Carbon X 2 - Live [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely gut wrenching. What a performance - inspiring to watch.

-------
Anders
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I literally saw him hit that fence.

Let's say they do this again in 18 months...he doesn't hit the fence he takes this.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't you think that if JW payed as much attention to marginal gains as triathletes he would have found those 11-12 seconds? Form fitting clothing that wasn't flapping alone could make a differnece?
Quote Reply
Re: Project Carbon X 2 - Live [TriA6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriA6 wrote:
Don't you think that if JW payed as much attention to marginal gains as triathletes he would have found those 11-12 seconds? Form fitting clothing that wasn't flapping alone could make a differnece?
This was discussed some after the first Breaking-2 attempt. All the variables controlled and planned for Kipchoge and then he wears a fairly loose fitting top. Of course there is the mental aspect of running in what they're used to running in, but it's hard to imagine that over 26 or especially 62 miles tight clothing wouldn't have at least saved a few seconds. Like mentioned above though, running into a fence and the associated pain/bleeding was likely the single biggest obviously avoidable mistake.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fence? Hard to argue with that...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
IanH wrote:

Not that I know of. Tempe Town lake has to be treated pretty often to bring down the acidity level. But I know people who've gotten knee deep in the racing lake and their pants change colors. Not sure what it would take to get it able to swim in.

Wasn't the race held out at Wildhorse Pass raceway and hotel (previously known as Firebird Raceway)? It's been a long time since I've lived in Laveen but I used to ride out that way all the time. It looked like that area not TTL

And if it was Wildhorse Pass they used to do a triathlon, duathlon and had bike races out there a long, long time ago. Even completely closed off one side of 347 from Maricopa to Riggs from cars so we could race. They used to also do crits on the race track out there. Although you'd often pick up a bit of something from rubbing is racing in your tires and double flat....two years in a row.

There is a lot of potential for that track on non race weekends for a tri. The straightaways in the lake are roughly 1 mile long and iirc the water is very, very salty salt water.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Project Carbon X 2 - Live [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, Wildhorse Pass Motorsports Park. Good to know. Then it comes down to a Race Director that is willing to put in the time with whoever is responsible for booking events and also work with the Tribal government. Clearly the folks behind the Marathon Project and Hoka were able to do it, probably showed them the money.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Yeah, Wildhorse Pass Motorsports Park. Good to know. Then it comes down to a Race Director that is willing to put in the time with whoever is responsible for booking events and also work with the Tribal government. Clearly the folks behind the Marathon Project and Hoka were able to do it, probably showed them the money.

With racing out there being down these past 9 months some additional non traditional revenue streams probably doesn't hurt the books. Plus you'll have to use tribal police & fire/ambulance crews. There used to be a fire /ambulance station right across the street from the raceway.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Jan 25, 21 8:32
Quote Reply
Re: Project Carbon X 2 - Live [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd definitely be up for a race to happen there honestly. I just know that the water would need to be treated like Tempe Town Lake is. This is more from talking to boat people who've walked into the thing and not from an educated guess.

Quote Reply