Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Profile Design seat post mount water bottle cages.
Quote | Reply
I've seen in recent pictures, primarily of IMHI, Profile Design seat post mounted water bottle cages with a single cage vs. the double cage. Does anyone know if profile design is producing the single or is this simply a result of cutting off the second arm holding the additional cage. I've looked at mine and it seems easy enough to just cut the arm off, file it down and go with the single. I've always been concerned with the drag effect from two bottles behind my tail end but I love having a bottle back there. I was thinking this was a good compromise.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design seat post mount water bottle cages. [Burt'sH2OBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you know it was a Profile Design?

I've seen Midora (sp?) offers a single rear H20 holder. Pretty slick....some roadies are using them now.

Although, it seems that a double with the legs blocking would be more "aero" than a single....but I'm more a weight weenie than an aero guru.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design seat post mount water bottle cages. [Burt'sH2OBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure, since I haven't seen too many single cages on the back.

I'd be interested in knowing what everyone uses in the back of their road bikes though. On my tri-bike I have a Saddlewing, and it works great. Just trying to decide what I should use on my road bike.

Saddlewing, Flatwing, Profile-design, Minora, etc....?
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design seat post mount water bottle cages. [ironfish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use an X-lab flatwing on the back on my tri seat (Aspide Trigel) - if i switch to the road bike I just take the seat and put it onto the road bike. Same seat, same bottle cage off the back. I actually only use one bottle on the back. With a bottle on the frame I only need one more cage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are a couple good rear holders including the excellent Minoura one that holds either one or two bottles depending on how you set it up.

The Minoura unit works on all bikes even with aero seatposts, such as Cervelo. Since I like Cervelo a lot and we sell lots of them we also stock a lot Minoura holders.

We have the Profile system and sell it regularly but I do mention to customers that the bottles are angled slightly rearward making it easier for them to be ejected accidentally. I also think it is harder to re-insert the bottle on the Profile unit than the Minoura unit.

One advantage of the Profile unit is that it can be mounted anywhere vertically on the round seat post. In other words, you can loosen the clamp and slide it up and down. That's nice.

With the Minoura you are married to one vertical orientation- up on the saddle rails. The bottles ride below the level of the saddle so you don't hit them with your leg getting on and off the bike.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design seat post mount water bottle cages. [Smitty8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look in the triathlon mag with Staddler on the cover after his win in Kona. I can't recall the name of the girl but there are two pictures of a female riding a orange/yellow bike in the mag. On the seat post is mounted a profile design single arm bottle rack. It's exactly like the two armed rack minus one rack. I was just wondering if this was post modified or bought with the single arm. I haven't been able to find one online. It just seems as though it would be more aero with the single. It seems the worst place (within reason) to put the bottles is behind your seat but I still would prefer to have on there.
Quote Reply