Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Problem with my Azoto
Quote | Reply
So I'm cleaning my bike today, and I notice that my Azoto is a bit messed up. It sees that the rails had popped out of the plastic cup that holds them under the nose section of the saddle. I have no idea how I could have possibly done this, but it must have been some kind of significant impact because there is no way I'm getting it back in. Even the Demerly boys couldn't get it back in place.

Has anyone had anything like this happen before? What did you do? I emailed velimpex, the importer of Selle San Marco saddles, but I'm wondering what I can expect from these guys. If anyone has a phone number, that would be great, I couldn't seem to find one myself. Am I screwed? I guess if all else fails I can just cut away the plastic enough to slip it back in. It doesn't really seem much less rigid, but it drastically changes the position of the saddle, and makes it a bit less comfortable.

Jack

---------------------------------------------------------

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Quote Reply
Re: Problem with my Azoto [Jack in Mi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, had it happen three weeks ago. Of course I had help from the impact of a pickup truck as he launched me off the bike. My inner right thigh must have done the damage because I had a hell of a bruise. My saddle was the Aspide Triathlon. Not sure that means that is a weak spot ont this saddle or not.
Quote Reply
Re: Problem with my Azoto [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I've got my Azoto all the way forward on the rails. I fell over the other day being careless, and I have a bruise where my saddle hit my leg. I'm thinking that the combination of being so far forward on the rails, and hitting it at the tip must have been enough to knock it loose. It seems a little fishy though, because I didn't really fall that hard.

What did you do to fix it or resolve the problem?

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jack, you've got to be kidding. Are you the guy who was in our store yesterday with one? We had a customer in here who had one with the same problem. The distributor we buy them from has a footnote in their catalog that says, "Broken rails do not constitute a defect." My feeling is that extends to all rail problems. Very unusual.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Problem with my Azoto [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that was me in your store. I thought I would try the vast knowledge of slowtwitch to see what others have experienced. I'm sure there's not much I can do, maybe I'll go pound on it some more.

Jack

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jack I've been able to reinstall "bent" rails using a shoehorn type metalworking tool my Dad has in his garage. If you can live without it for a couple days, bring it back up to Bikesport and they can contact me for a fix. While typically a solution, it has resulted in broken seat rails more than once. I've say I'm about 8/10 on the fix.

-Dave

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Jack, I'll do a few minutes research and try to find Velimpex's phone number. The contact name is Tom Petrie. I'll post my findings to you.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm getting an entirely new bike paid for by his insurance company, thats how I'm fixing it. I'm working under the assumption that nothing on that bike outside of maybe the brake calipers is trustworthy at this point. It took one hell of a wallop. Although the Alien post that the Aspide was perched on appears ok, I don't relish the thought of a splintered carbon fiber tube up the backside sometime in the future. I figure the left wing of the CarbonX bars would shatter right after that as I tried to screech to a halt to remove the post. Yeah, I'm gun-shy. You should be too. Get a new saddle whether or not they replace it for free. Your health is worth a lot more than the ~$100!
Last edited by: TriBriGuy: Jun 30, 03 4:06
Quote Reply