Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Problem w/ TriRig Omega brakes
Quote | Reply
Brakes looked great and very aero and light, BUT they didn't seem to brake very well for me (especially on descents). I was relatively satisfied UNTIL after only having them on my new 2014 Cervelo P3 for 6 months, the lever arm on my rear brake broke off while I was breaking easy. Don't know why. Maybe a defective or fatigued lever arm. I went to the TriRig website to see about ordering replacement spare parts and come to find out they are completely out of stock of lever arms. Makes me wonder if this is a common problem leading to the depleted stock of this particular spare part. Here is were I got really disappointed....I tried to contact Nick at TriRig (the only means of contact is via email on the website, which I find is very annoying) to inquire if this is a problem w/ the Omega brake. I also wanted to see about getting a replacement brake or spare lever arm. In my email attempts to contact TriRig they/he have been completely unresponsive. I have even tried to get the bike pro shop that originally ordered them for me to contact him and STILL (after 3 emails) TriRig remains unresponsive. Anybody else have or heard of this being an issue w/ the brake? Anybody have similar lack of customer service or response from TriRig? Since I'm unable to get service to repair/replace my brake, I'll probably have to switch to another brake. I'm seriously considering the Magura hydraulic RT8's.
Quote Reply
Re: Problem w/ TriRig Omega brakes [speedracerX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried contacting him via his site and never responded to that, then I posted in another ST thread on the Omega and he saw it and responded there. He stated that he did not get my original request. There's a Facebook page too that you can try.

What gen levels do you have?

<We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak>
Quote Reply
Re: Problem w/ TriRig Omega brakes [dmacandcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the Gen 3 levers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I should also mention I am riding carbon wheels w/ Swiss Stop black prince pads and I have the Bontrager XXX Aero brake levers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mate, the brakes, in your words, didn't seem to brake very well for me........ my rear broke off and

I have no idea about TriRig brakes and have no axe to grind, but if were me,
a/ I'd be asking for full replacement.....
no, on second thoughts
b/ would never again trust a brake system that had broken on me.

there was a saying in Merika years ago " if it ain't Boeing, I ain't Going" or something like that
well, for me, based upon 30 years + of riding, I replace when its due or swap out part to have Shimano on all critical parts.

Brake MUST work
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi guys,

Sorry for any trouble! Definitely did not get your emails, speedracerX. We generally reply to EVERY customer service inquiry within 2 business days. If not, the message was lost in cyberspace. We will happily warranty any faulty product free of charge. We DO have levers in stock for this purpose, even though we technically don't stock them in the store right now. Please shoot an email directly to info@tririg.com and we will get you sorted out.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Problem w/ TriRig Omega brakes [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will add that I had fantastic warranty service from TriRig. The pinchbolt in the wedge of my Omega stripped out. I contacted Nick and within 1 hour I had a new brake wedge on the way!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Apr 15, 15 19:58
Quote Reply
Re: Problem w/ TriRig Omega brakes [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will second nothing but positives for me from TriRig. Face plate screw for my Omega came out on a ride and I contacted TriRig to see about purchasing another screw and/or parts kit and they sent me 4x screws and a new face plate for free right away.

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just had this happen to me. I was just setting up the brake and it snapped around the pivot point where the arm width adjustment bolt is. I hope there are replacement arms available. I'm supposed to race next month.

http://www.clperformancetraining.com
http://www.pillasport.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Problem w/ TriRig Omega brakes [al-gorithm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Al,

Please email support@tririg.com and we will get you sorted. The problem the original poster described was with our previous brake, Omega Standard (with the bolt-on Front Plate). We have never seen this problem with the newer Omega X, which has been the only brake sold for about three years. Regardless, we will be happy to warranty any parts faulty with whatever version of the brake you have. Thanks!

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Problem w/ TriRig Omega brakes [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

this is on a standard omega brake and realize this will be out of warranty. I was just worried about parts availability and will gladly pay for the parts. I just want to use the brake :)

I'll email you today. Thank you for the prompt response!

Al.

http://www.clperformancetraining.com
http://www.pillasport.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have sent 5 emails off the TriRig web page regrading help on my Omni build, they answered every one right away. I am very pleased with there support.
Quote Reply
Re: Problem w/ TriRig Omega brakes [al-gorithm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
al-gorithm wrote:
this is on a standard omega brake and realize this will be out of warranty. I was just worried about parts availability and will gladly pay for the parts. I just want to use the brake :)
These things have been failing this way for years. It's a design flaw and you should not pay for a replacement. Personally I feel they should have recalled them because there's the possibility of major injury if it fails at the wrong time. (I had one fail a few years ago. Thankfully I was just riding along so no harm done.)
Quote Reply
Re: Problem w/ TriRig Omega brakes [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
I will add that I had fantastic warranty service from TriRig. The pinchbolt in the wedge of my Omega stripped out. I contacted Nick and within 1 hour I had a new brake wedge on the way!

same here - their customer service has improved dramatically in the last 2 years. i broke my beta rear hydration holder hitting a pothole - and got a new one in the mail in 3 days free of charge. he really stepped up his game in terms of keeping the customers happy.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Problem w/ TriRig Omega brakes [lanierb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just to reiterate and make clear, you are discussing the discontinued Omega Standard. We replaced it three years ago with Omega X which has never had an issue of this kind. Nevertheless we continue to support old customers and repair brakes when needed.

--
TriRig.com
Last edited by: TriRig: Apr 21, 18 15:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
Just to reiterate and make clear, you are discussing the discontinued Omega Standard. We replaced it three years ago with Omega X which has never had an issue of this kind. Nevertheless we continue to support old customers and repair brakes when needed.

Agreed. Nick could not have been better with my replacement parts. I added another to my stable because of the combo of service and a great product.

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a striped out screw and Nick took care of it promptly, Great Customer Services in my situation.

BoulderCyclingCoach.com
Quote Reply
Re: Problem w/ TriRig Omega brakes [rockdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Add me to the satisfied customer experience list. My Gen3 Omega came with a bolt that would not turn int he pad holder...emailed Nick and 4 days later had 2 new ones.
Quote Reply
Re: Problem w/ TriRig Omega brakes [rockdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I lost a brake pad width adjusting bolt and Ace Hardware took care of me :)
Quote Reply
Re: Problem w/ TriRig Omega brakes [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unearthing this ancient thread - are you talking about the arm width adjusting bolt? I lost one too. I emailed Tririg - but just in case they are out of them... by any chance do you remember the specs of the bolt you picked at Ace Hardware?

Thanks!

Quote Reply
Re: Problem w/ TriRig Omega brakes [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
Unearthing this ancient thread - are you talking about the arm width adjusting bolt? I lost one too. I emailed Tririg - but just in case they are out of them... by any chance do you remember the specs of the bolt you picked at Ace Hardware?

Thanks!

These are M4 x 5mm setscrews.

https://www.tririg.com/...0/000_Store_1644.jpg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes, that one and no I dont remember spec, i just took the one from other side with me to hardware store and picked up a few for back up
Last edited by: jeffp: Dec 20, 18 5:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Alex,

The posters above are correct. Those are M4 set screws. And our installation guides include all the bolt specs for all standard fasteners. You indicated you are using an older Omega Standard, but it doesn't matter. We have used the same bolt spec for that part on every brake we have ever made. They are all M4. Either 5 or 6mm long depending on generation, but the length doesn't matter. Longer can just help avoid future loss a little bit.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you! Will visit my local hardware store now that i have the specs.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had my 1st gen brake a while now and performance had always been good. Response also good for questions about the the aero bars. The only issue here in the UK for the brakes is the cost once you add in import costs etc.
Quote Reply