Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Probably has happened 1000's of times! (cartoon)
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Probably has happened 1000's of times! (cartoon) [KJGrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is my biggest fear of getting a roof rack.

My dad did that one time when I was little with a couch on the roof of his car.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only thing I ever hit was one of those overhang warning poles before you get to the McD's drivethru window. Had 4 bikes on the top of the Jeep. The only one that hit was mine, since I'm 6-3! All the others cleared under the pole. Thank God it was a "releaseable" pole and only pulled the Yakima rack off the gutter before the pole released. No damage to the bike except a bent saddle nose.

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard about a guy that put his bike on the roof rack inside teh garage because he was heading ouearly in the morning... and you guessed it, forgot about it the next morning... crash.
Quote Reply
Re: Probably has happened 1000's of times! (cartoon) [zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A good friend whacked her bike on the overhang in a McD's drive thru the morning of Ralph's HIM. She didn't eat breakfast and thought that a Bacon Egg and Cheese was a good idea. She got to the race and was in hysterics because her fork was trashed. The guys at, oh damn can't remember the name of the bike shop out of Louisiana, any rate they calmed her down, happened to have a spare fork, gave her a spare front wheel, tweeked her brakes and got her to the start on time. Who needs Supersize Me and Fast Food Nation to swear off McD's when you have stories like this. They're obviously not a bike friendly establishment ;-)

Oh yeah, she also happens to be 6'3" and her friend who also had her bike on the roof was only 5'4"ish so her bike was spared.

Dan Hollingsworth

Nobody grows old by merely living a number of years. People grow old only by deserting their ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up interest wrinkles the soul." - Douglas MacArthur
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You kiddin' me? Fuhgetaboutit. You ain't a biker until you've done this. I did this, and so did my college roomate within a month of eachother...worst feeling in the world!

Worst part was the attendant at the garage who said: "why did you do that, didn't you know you had a bike on top?" I retorted: "No a--hole, I did it to test the clearance height!!!! It's called an "accident" for a reason you douchebag." Luckily the rack actually took the brunt of the damage

"ah-hem...the time is yours."
Quote Reply
Re: Probably has happened 1000's of times! (cartoon) [OCTriGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I heard about a guy that put his bike on the roof rack inside teh garage because he was heading ouearly in the morning... and you guessed it, forgot about it the next morning... crash.

That's funny...that's kinda like the old story about the guy who built a sailboat in his basement. :-)

---
"You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious."

"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong." -- Richard Feynman
Quote Reply
Re: Probably has happened 1000's of times! (cartoon) [stevezelinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was at a local tri. last year and met my wife at the finish, decided to let her take the bike home in her van with a roof rack. She had to take a friend home, so I went home and was in the middle of the shower when I here a THUMP, yes! she came into the garage and forgot the bike was there! Just bent the handle bars and bar-end shifters. I got new bars and new shifters, the frame and fork(carbon) were ok. She felt really bad and I didnt say much. XXX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did it twice to my Breezer mountain bike, both times at girlfriends in a carport. First time mangled the seat, second time the front wheel buckled. Had to break up with her. Too hard on my bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been there. Done that. Twice.

We now have the rack on the back of the car.

-----------------------------------------------------
"If you hold on tight to what you think is your thing, you might find you're missing all the rest"

Dave Matthews
Quote Reply