Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pro Missile Evo install questions
Quote | Reply
Any tips on installing this easily? I'm finding it fiddly as hell!

It's the two thread parts that go inside the extensions which need aligned with the bolts that come underneath up from the base bars, and down from the arm rests that I'm finding a nuisance. With much faff I've managed to attach the extensions to the base bar. Great. But now I can't get the arm rests on as I can't get the thread parts lined up and held secure for the bolts to find purchase.

I notice the thread parts are also threaded on both ends. I'm guessing that there is some tool or bolt that will screw into it and make this a lot easier that trying to use your fingers!

I'm dreading repeating this whole process over and over to get them dialled in.

Also, the bolts are really short. The longest bolts definitely can't support the rather measly risers supplied in the kit if you max them out. Thinking I need to buy a riser kit which has +5cm and looks like it has long bolts. But that's about £90 here in the UK. Shocking!
Quote Reply
Re: Pro Missile Evo install questions [Shrike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a fairly standard bolt if you need to buy longer ones. You might find that using a long allen head to slide into the hole at the end of the inner clamp/sandpaper thing will provide enough leverage to hold it in place until the bolt finds purchase. Gets easier after you've done it a few times. Strongly encourage a torque wrench on this bar if you aren't already using one.

Edit: you can also use a longer bolt to put from the top of the extension into the sandpaper gripper, use that to "pull" the gripper up into the top of the extension, then use the regular pad bolt through the armcup, through the top of the extension, and into the other hole of the gripper. Then unthread the first bolt, rotate the armcup around to align properly, and insert the second shorter armcup bolt.
Last edited by: TriFluid: Nov 6, 18 12:23
Quote Reply
Re: Pro Missile Evo install questions [TriFluid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Tri, I'll have a go at sticking something in the end of it.

Cup of tea first though, need to de-stress!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use a wheel skewer in those threaded sections in the ends of the bars, makes it so much easier!

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a small allen wrench to kind of hold it in place until I can tighten it.. one fits pretty much perfect into the end
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you might need a riser kit? A 4mm allen key lines everything up perfectly or a longer bolt just to align everything (which you don't seem to have) to get the second allen key in, remove and put the correct length in. Once you have the knack it's not that hard.
Quote Reply
Re: Pro Missile Evo install questions [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys appreciate it. Got motivated again and had another shot last night. Got it all put together using the tips above! It's super clean looking compared to a lot of bars once it's all put together so i guess I can forgive the fiddlyness of it all.

Got to try the QR skewer next time!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its super fiddly to setup. I am not sure if you already installed all the cables - pulling them through Missile Evo stem was a real nightmare for me especially as I run mechanical gears.

But once you are done its amazing - clean, smooth, very comfortable!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How did it work out for you? I am working through the same issue right now.
Quote Reply