Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prince William Forest Park, Virginia
Quote | Reply
Twenty years ago, I trained at this Park. Do triathletes still train on their bikes at this park?

I remember there was a three-mile loop that I could bike without stopping. Stopped going due to the traffic on I95, but might need to fight the traffic so I can hit that three-mile loop.

Anyone use this park?
Quote Reply
Re: Prince William Forest Park, Virginia [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's still a hot spot for triathletes. I don't bike there often, but the famous DCRainmaker features the park on his blog pretty regularly. Although he has a 7 mile loop he rides there. http://www.dcrainmaker.com/...on-dc-resources.html

If I find myself all the way out there it is usually for a trail run.
Last edited by: MattAune: Apr 27, 12 9:13
Quote Reply
Re: Prince William Forest Park, Virginia [MattAune] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for your response and for the link. A 7 mile loop will be worth the drive down 95. Again, thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Prince William Forest Park, Virginia [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The park is still an excellent place to train. Last year they had all the roads torn up. They have re-surfaced the entire road so it really is nice now. There is the 7 mile loop with the 2-ish mile access road to the loop. Lots of hills out there. It is a $5/car admission fee (or $20 annual pass). The thing to watch with the park though is the traffic down to it. If you are going North/South on I-95, you want to try and time it with which direction has the HOV lane (much less traffic that way) or just go early-ish (then it doesn't matter much).

- C
Quote Reply
Re: Prince William Forest Park, Virginia [creese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, Creese. Nice to learn about the resurfacing. Makes me excited about going to the park. It will bring back many memories to bike it again.

Also, thank you for the traffic info. Have a good weekend of training!
Quote Reply