1:12:15
Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen’s Half tomorrow [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1:10:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tough to say. She's there to win but can't seem to find any info on the level of competition.

I'm gonna go with 1:10:17 unless she's comfortably in the lead and eases off.
Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen’s Half tomorrow [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At 6:53am Pittsburgh time, it is 55F and very overcast. Rain is expected to move into the area by 8:30am. The Run course in this area is not flat.
Last edited by: Billyk24: May 6, 18 3:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are a couple with sub 2:10 prs, among others Sara Hall. Rain will likely slow the race down a bit but I think she will win comfortably.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen’s Half tomorrow [ChiroCowboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiroCowboy wrote:

You win...I had guess 1:12 on another thread.

she did it in 01:10:58

4th place
Last edited by: LifeTri: May 6, 18 5:21
Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen’s Half tomorrow [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
ChiroCowboy wrote:

You win...I had guess 1:12 on another thread.

she did it in 01:10:58

**nods head & puffs chest**
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a link to results?
Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen’s Half tomorrow [Pat0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pat0 wrote:

Top 10 are listed here, can't find results on the event site.

On the other thread I predicted 1:10 and change, so I was pretty close. Some people were predicting sub 1:10 or even sub 1:09, which I think is getting well ahead of where she is right now, I mean she hasn't been training seriously for that long since having her baby. I actually think this is a good performance for how long she's been training, it would have been nice for her to place higher but the top 4 women were all less than a minute apart.

The real question now will be what her improvement curve will be as she will need to keep improving to make the Olympic marathon team and only time will tell. It sounds like she's trying to ramp up her mileage to over 100 mpw, given supposedly she trained 40-50 mpw during her tri career that sounds like a fast ramp and we'll see if she can do it without injury.
Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen’s Half tomorrow [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tttiltheend wrote:
Pat0 wrote:

It sounds like she's trying to ramp up her mileage to over 100 mpw, given supposedly she trained 40-50 mpw during her tri career that sounds like a fast ramp and we'll see if she can do it without injury.

Thats a really good point. I think a lot of triathletes take for granted the amount of fitness we are able to gain by bouncing back and froth between the bike and the run...and of course the swim.

I have no doubts she can take the beating, though.
Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen’s Half tomorrow [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It'll be interesting to hear where she got gapped from the two front runners. They were about 50 secs up the road from her. Was the gradual or did they pop her on the climb at 3 miles to go, or the 2k descent to the finish line?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Post race video

https://www.youtube.com/...0jragXAUKFA&t=0s

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen’s Half tomorrow [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was just about to post that. Sounds and looked liked she was alone quite a bit after the first few miles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
It'll be interesting to hear where she got gapped from the two front runners. They were about 50 secs up the road from her. Was the gradual or did they pop her on the climb at 3 miles to go, or the 2k descent to the finish line?

It all came apart early; must have been very fast early pace. The winner gapped the field at mile 2, Sara Hall gapped Gwen around mile 5/6. I believe the leader's gap to Sara Hall grew to over 20 seconds by mile 8 and Sara closed it down from there on in. 3rd overtook Gwen around mile 10. Unusual for a championship race, essentially no pack running. All of top 4 ran individually from mile 5 on, or earlier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good prediction!! I thought1:11-1:12 based off other times. Not knowing where she's was in training this was a good indication of where she was at. Impressed how quickly they got it out to social media!
Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen’s Half tomorrow [Pat0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Top five finishers:

1. Aliphine Tuliamuk 1:10:04 2. Sara Hall 1:10:07 3. Rochelle Kanuho 1:10:49 4. Gwen Jorgensen 1:10:58 5. Carrie Dimoff 1:11:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hilly course and a pretty decent time.

She looked upset which is exactly what she needs right now.

She's only going to get better!

logella wrote:
Was just about to post that. Sounds and looked liked she was alone quite a bit after the first few miles.

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How much does that computer on her wrist weigh?
Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen’s Half tomorrow [Petrarch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much does that computer on her wrist weigh?

The new Polar M430 - I don't think it's holding her back! She wears it all the time.

Full review here by Ray Maker - https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...in-depth-review.html

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen’s Half tomorrow [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She looked upset which is exactly what she needs right now.

She's only going to get better!

Agreed. Good to stay hungry, but, and who am I to question the thoughts of an Olympic Gold Medalist, but the other view of this is that she may be, being a bit hard on her self. This was a GREAT first outing at the distance against a quality field. Good step up!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen’s Half tomorrow [Petrarch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still am surprised she gets disappointed when she doesn't win. She knows its going to be a process and take time. Or at least she verbalizes that she understands this. Surely she can't expect to mow down all comers in, as she states, a new sport to her. These athleles have equal the talent and have been focused on this one discipline for years.
Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen’s Half tomorrow [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
logella wrote:

It all came apart early; must have been very fast early pace. The winner gapped the field at mile 2, Sara Hall gapped Gwen around mile 5/6. I believe the leader's gap to Sara Hall grew to over 20 seconds by mile 8 and Sara closed it down from there on in. 3rd overtook Gwen around mile 10. Unusual for a championship race, essentially no pack running. All of top 4 ran individually from mile 5 on, or earlier.
No pack running because America’s good distance runners are all recovering from
Boston and these are 2nd tiger races
Quote Reply

Prev Next