Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Power Meter Display Question
Quote | Reply
I am using the Garmin 910xt and have recently added a power meter. What is the best setting to have on while riding? I have been using power zone but that seems to fluctuate quite a bit. Also, it keeps saying "missing right sensor" although that is there. Any thoughts,tips, advice, etc. would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Thanks,

Jason Tucker

Quote Reply
Re: Power Meter Display Question [tricoachtucker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 power zone I dont think has any averaging. Better to use 3s or 10s power. I like 10s since I have a stages and it jumps around a bit more.

Not sure about the missing sensor...are you using garmin vectors?

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Power Meter Display Question [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks I'll try that today! I'm using a Quarq Elsa. The magnet is on there but I guess it doesn't seem to recognize it. The weird thing is, it is still giving me right/left balance.

Thanks,

Jason Tucker

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use 3s power and lap power. I set the Garmin to auto-lap every 2.5mi. For even pacing I try to keep my lap avg closer to what my goal pace is.
I watch 3s power to make sure I don't go over my upper limit on climbs etc...
The only other thing I look at is heart rate and cadence. Speed is on a second page along with time, distance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't you need to enter your FPT and manually enter zones specs?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tricoachtucker wrote:
Also, it keeps saying "missing right sensor" although that is there. Any thoughts,tips, advice, etc. would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Update the firmware on the Quarq via Qalvin and the sensor message will go away.

Team Kiwami
Instagram
Quote Reply