Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Power Crank Installation Question
Quote | Reply
I had my FSA cranks replaced with Powercranks and feels like my seat is too high by approx. .50". Is this a normal phenomenon?

And yes, I checked and boths sets are 172.5mm.
Quote Reply
Re: Power Crank Installation Question [mike419] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike, I kind of know what you are talking about. I have not made any changes to my position, but when I am clicking in to both pedals I feel like I am on my tip toes. I recently was fit by a FIST fitter and then got the powercranks so I am going to stick with it for a while. Hope this helps.

Brian

Quote Reply
Re: Power Crank Installation Question [cbritri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I noticed the exact same thing coming off my standard cranks. Couldn't explain it... since I have adjusting crank length I just shortened them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only thing I could think of is that you rocking hips on your regular cranks. With the powercranks, when both cranks are at the bottom positon, you are not able to rock your hips on your saddle. So I would guess you have your seat too high-- not trying to be funny.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply][font "Arial"][size 2]I had my FSA cranks replaced with Powercranks and feels like my seat is too high by approx. .50". Is this a normal phenomenon? [/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]And yes, I checked and boths sets are 172.5mm. [/size][/font][/reply]

Not a lot of people have come back to me with this observation but, because you are probably putting more weight on your saddle AND, because, with both feet down, you cannot shift your pelvis to compensate for a slightly high saddle, it doesn't surprise me that many might feel this.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Power Crank Installation Question [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike419,

Is it safe to assume you use 172.5 mm cranks on all of your bikes?

Frank,

Do you ever suggest using "shorter" PowerCranks (172.5 mm PC's for someone who rides 175 mm standard cranks)?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Power Crank Installation Question [Vortex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Frank,

Do you ever suggest using "shorter" PowerCranks (172.5 mm PC's for someone who rides 175 mm standard cranks)?

Thanks.[/reply]

Although shorter cranks are "easier" I don't recommend training with them, except possibly during the early transition period if you have adjustable cranks, because if you race on longer cranks you are not training like you race. Race like you train, train like you race.

Frank

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply