Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post your Turkeyman results here.
Quote | Reply
Post your result here, remember I need Tri or Du, Age, Gender, and overall time. I would also like your splits if you have them. If you would like to include a comment on the race like race conditions, or the fact that you did it all on trail, or swam in a child filled pool on Sat. morning please include them. It will not affect your placement, but is always fun to know.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Post your Turkeyman results here. [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump

Jim

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M40-44. Race report for the 1st Annual Slowtwitch Virtual Tri/duathlon. My wife and I did this as our Thanksgiving day workout after a hilly 6 mile run last night.

Swim in a 25Y pool. 550 yard = 8:28

drove to the Santa Ana River Trail in Newport Beach, CA and did the rest there. Results tracked via Garmin Forerunner 201.

Bike - flat out and back, minimal wind. 20K = 36:24 off the bike and changed immediately for run.

Run - flat out and back, minimal wind 5k = 26:11

Total time = 1:11:03. Spent 54 minute total in T1/T2. Let the gorging begin......

The details were recorded on www.motionbased.com at:

http://trail.motionbased.com/...ackgroundType=street

Relax2dmax

Relax2dmax

"Just remember there is only 2 letters difference between STUD and STUPID." Heard on the course of the 1998 Lost Boys Ultramarathon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M 35-39.

S: 6'18" T1: 45' B: 28'50" T2: 5' R: 19'30" Total: 54'38"

Swim was in 25 yard pool, swam 550 yards.

Driving by car to the flattest bike course around took me 20', total transition time: 45' (got to dry the hair, otherwise my sinuses would kill me). Rode on a roadbike with shorty bars, training wheels. Riding out and back, totally flat, except highway underpasses, slight headwind on the back-stretch.

Transition at the car. Total transition time: around 5'. Run was pancake-flat out and back with head/cross-wind going out.

Not going to get me to the olympics, but I sure raced my heart out!

I have to add that I am not riding that much these days and that I am right now working on my running about 5 days a week.

Off to the Turkey-feast!

adrialin

(BOMK, racing drug and supplement free since 1985)
Last edited by: adrialin: Nov 25, 04 13:26
Quote Reply
Re: Post your Turkeyman results here. [adrialin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duathlon M 20-24

I ran the Thanksgiving Day 10k Race this morning and then did the Slowtwitch Du so I got to eat plenty of guilt free pie.

Run 1 5k: 19:56

T1: 10 minutes

Bike 20k: 35:02

T2: 10 minutes

Run 2 5k: 19:32....went hard on my last mile because I knew I was done for the day.

Total: 1:14:30

------------------------------------------------------------
Matt
NSDQ!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
does a gym bike count?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Four plates of turkey, stuffing, mash patatoes, and veggies - ~ 45 minutes

Six servings of dessert (pumpkin cheese cake (which I've never even hear of before tonight but was OH so yummy), pumkin pie, apple pie, fruit salad, soy ice cream and macadamia nut chocolate chip cookies) ~ 20 minutes

Do I win?

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: Post your Turkeyman results here. [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hid, I will post all results submitted to me, however you neglected to post your ag group

Jim

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just a bump

Jim

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yaaay!!! I didn't DNF my first Triathlon (of sorts)!!!!

Okay...

Age group: M 30-35, first race ever (not counting local 5K's)

Swim: 13:50.3 - 550yd breaststroke (100yd backstroke in the middle)

T1: 35:31.2 - drive home, change, convince daughter to take Tylenol...

Bike: 39:25.7 - 20K, MTB on trainer, L1 setting.

T2: 6:39.3 - change, explain what I'm doing to kids...

Run: 33:21.1 - 5K, laps on flat short course with small hill. 44F, winds @ 10mph

Total (sans transitions): 1:26:37.1

Wow! That was Fun! 'Specially when the kids jumped on the bed next to the bike at around mile 11.5 and started yelling "Go, Daddy! Go!"

Now I'm off to reward myself with some pumpkin pie... :-)

--------------------
Yes, I too now have a Blog. Don't laugh.
Last edited by: TwinDad: Nov 26, 04 18:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Du, F35-39.

First race in a year after being hit by a car as a pedestrian in February 2004. Three deranged discs and a twisted right knee and ankle later, and 23 lbs lighter.

Run: goal was to maintain 10 min. mi the whole thing (I am a horrible runner). First run with 2 dogs on trail: 35:38 with one stop to backtrack, stand around and yell for dog who wandered off.

T1: 2:10

Bike: 48:52. Ughhh. Hilly 13.6 mile loop, first half pretty much all up with two short 11% grades. But second half is either downhill or flat. It was cold out there today with biting winds, and I am a cold weather wuss.

T2: 3:something. I was cold and slow.

Run: 34:06 on treadmill with mp3 player. I was not in the mood to go back outside.

Overall: 2:04:something. And that is with LOTS of running improvement! Guess what I am focusing on this winter? :)

Thanks for the idea Jim!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duathlon (first one ever, so of course not to be taken seriously), 19, F

everything was off road on fairly smooth trails (with a mountain bike). had some great fun playing in the woods.

22:33 5k

2:09 T1

38:12 20k bike

1:30 T2

23:37 5k (starting to get a bit pooped by this point)

total time: 1:24:22
Quote Reply
Re: Post your Turkeyman results here. [JRH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Phew, for a minute there, I thought I was reading F35-39 tri results. This is the only race in which I have a chance in hell of winning my age group and that will only happen if no one else is in my age group:) I'll post my results tomorrow, which will include a swim!

By the way, congrats on the more than respectable run times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, I found the motivation somehow.

Swim: 560 yards 6:37 in a 20 yard pool (I did the extra lap to make up for being a little short of 500m if I settled for 540, and for the multitude of turns)

T1 was 5 minutes

Bike: 20 km in 30:45 on a lifecycle, race level 4, at the hotel I was staying at.

T2 was about 10 minutes to get dressed and to meet my wife for the run.

Run: 3.1 miles in 22:00 outside, on flat roads, around a corporate business park.

Total time: 59:22 of effort, plus about 15 minutes of transition, so 1:14:22? So there it is. I am still tired 2 days later. Double check my math, but I think I got it right.

Oh yeah, M35-39

"Maybe you should just run faster..." TM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri, F35-39

Swim: 9:32 (500 meters in 25 meter pool; no wetsuit (ha, ha))

T1: 16:38 (I had to change and drive home)

Bike: 46:07 (on the f*#$n' trainer; really . . . I can ride faster than that!)

T2: 5:25

Run: 26:38 (outside on the road; hilly course; wind; brrrr)

Total time w/ transitions: 1:44.22

Total time w/o transitions: 1:22.19 (or something like that -- math's not my strong point)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri, 45-49, male.

9:33, 37:03, 22:10

1:08:46

cold, 8-10mph wind from north, hilly (35 mph downhill, 10 mph up the same hill) out and back course. I never felt so slow for so much pain in all my life....felt like I was pedalling in molasses. I did ride 12 miles before and 12 miles after the 12.4 mile time trial, but, that did allow me to stay within the allowed one-hour T1 and T2 times. You know, that bike split is only 20 mph, but my pre-TT and post-TT 12 mile rides were done at 19 mph with little difficulty. It really does show that I haven't ridden hard in months. Time to get the interval workouts going.

Swim was OK for me, run was slow, but not awful considering my miserable bike experience.

Thanks for the wake-up call, Jim. I needed to know how bad things had gotten! Post-Ironman recovery is now officially over for me!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Woo-hoo! My first tri. I think I did really well because I couldn't see anyone gaining on me. Or I was doing so poorly that I couldn't see anyone in front of me. I preffered to think I was that far in the lead. Anywhoo, Since I've never done anything like this before I didn't want to wear myself out on the bike so I took it very easy and I stink at swimming so I really paced myself there. Fortunatly I did go easy because the first half of the run I thought I was going to die. Then the second half flew by and I was disappointed it was all over.

Here are my times.

M25-29TRI

SWIM: 11:54

T1: 9:??

BIKE: 37:06

T2: 8:??

RUN: 24:22

TOTAL MINUS TRANSITIONS: 1:13.22

The transitions were somewhat tricky as I was doing it out of the back of my car and I needed to find a spot to put my bike inside. I did manage to do t1 somewhat faster than expected due to the fact that some guy in the pool lockerroom said to me "my body hasn't looked like yours since I was 13". I'm still not sure if it was a compliment or an insult but it was motivation enough to go outside in the freezing cold with only my bike pants and socks on and finish getting ready in the parking lot. You just don't say those things in a locker room but thats for another thread. The swim was in a 25y pool. Both the bike and run were out-and-back oppisite directions on the same road. The bike was slightly hilly with long-ish rolling hills. The run had steeper hills that weren't as long. On the run I passed (going the other direction) the woman of my dreams (had the hotts for her since I was a senior in highschool and I'll be 28 in a few days. I always see her running and aagghhhh she is so hott (yes, hot with 2 t's). I passed her right before the turn around and tried to catch her the whole time going back but was unsuccessful. One day I'll be able to compose myself and breathing enough to muster up a "hello" to her. Again, a topic for another thread. Basically the event was uneventful. The most exciting part was that I did my first tri; woo-hoo! I did obide by rule number 1 the entire time (rule #1 - have fun).

Thanks Jim for putting this on!!! I really enjoyed myself!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, big confession here......due to lazyness, I have to DNF, w/ excuses to follow. 1. had to work all weekend starting thursday (actually at work now) 2. pool was closed friday when I was motivated. 3. couldn't do du because I'm just getting over a knee problem and 1 5k is probably the limit.

Summary- I am one lazy lazy dude

P.S. can i get my entry fee back or at least my t-shirt?
Quote Reply
Re: Post your Turkeyman results here. [hammydad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Jim - can i get an extension? travelled out of town on the weekend - got a caught up in long ride on Saturday and no pool time on sunday? can i huh, huh, huh??? (these are good excuses i'm told)
Quote Reply
Re: Post your Turkeyman results here. [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, I have ten racers with results in. I will continue to take results until 12pm michigan time tomorrow (monday). I have to cut it off somewhere. The fact that I have 10 racers is great, the next virtual race will be 12/24 thru 12/31 at 12pm balldrop I will cut off results exactly. I will issue no extensions for that race. It must be completed by 12 midnight 2004 detroit michigan. This will be the Snowflake Classic. Tri/Du/Bi. I will post by dec 20 as to rules. If you xcrountry ski, get ready.

Jim

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Turkeyman results are officially closed.

Jim

Quote Reply