Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Posers or schwag artists?
Quote | Reply
ok, over the evolution of ST, we see people bashing "posers" on expensive bikes, making all sorts of self righteous comments about buying a bike that costs less...

...However, I would be first to commend any "poser" who perhaps swung a deal and is actually riding that fine machine for less than those bashing them on the average bikes ;-) KUDOS TO YOU SLOW SCHWAGMASTER! (<---denoted in a famous Budweiser radio commercial type of way)

Slowman, perhaps you should have an annual "Schwagmaster" championship (and of course, with your connections, you are not allowed to participate)?

So let's have a contest - let's see who the first "average schmo" is to schwag themselves a P3 carbon, QR Lucero, Guru, Kestrel Profoil, etc. To the winner Frank Day will provide a pair of PC's at pro-deal pricing?

ok, ok....sorry about that Frank...how about a free FISTING by slowman himself in never, never land?

ok...well...what about free gear?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Buehler?

;-)

(those working in the bike industry i.e. shop employees, owners, or industry dudes like slowman are not allowed to play. Perhaps receipt ticket must be sent to Slowman for official ruling?)

LET THE SCHWAGGING BEGIN!!!!!

Craig Preston - President / Preston Presentations
Saving the world with more professional, powerful, and persuasive presentations - one audience at a time.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Posers or schwag artists? [Craigster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tibbs has already cornered the market here. The rest of us are rank amateurs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a deeply discounted water bottle once from my LBS. Want me to post a pic?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Craig...

U R A WHORE.

Love,

Mac

Quote Reply
Re: Posers or schwag artists? [Mac McE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MACDADDY!

That ain't no way to treat a friend. For behavior like that, I will expect full payment of something carbon (with internal cable routing of course) on my doorstep.

...and now, I go finish tweaking my IM Live picture running from my laptop to the plasma. KONA GOES BIG SCREEN!!!!

Saving the world with more professional, powerful, and persuasive presentations - one audience at a time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is better to be a poser on an expensive bike than a stubborn old geek on a cheap bike.

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Re: Posers or schwag artists? [LarryCalifornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The whole premise here is flawed.

Poseurs do not care about "getting a deal." Therefore, it would be of no concern to him or her, if you told him or her, "hey, you could have got that P3 there on Ebay for $1800, instead of that $3900 you paid at the shop."
A Poseur wants NEW equipment, not used equipment, unless the bike was used by the LBS owner or employee himself, or one of their best friends.

A Poseur shuns Ebay purchases. And no Poseur would buy a Kestrel Airfoil because even a Poseur has standards not to get on something making him or her look completely ridiculous. A Poseur already knows he or she IS INNATELY RIDICULOUS, mentally and externally; therefore, getting on a funky looking frame, or being forced way into deep drops, and angles, they are not prone to do, being that they know they are frauds, until this is mastered, if it every is, is a "no no.": maybe a Kestrel Talon SL with 10 speed dura ace. Yes, this would work. Now, that might work for a poseur. But no funky warped out, heavy duty tri shit. It has to be smooth, sleek, and fast, like a short, shiny cadillac. Therefore, Litespeed Saber's do well for poseurs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a titanflex with ultegra triple (ultegra throughout-dura ace head set-sti), rolf vector pro rims, selle italia slr/gel saddle, selcof titanium seat post, dura-ace spd-r pedals, cateye wireless computer, look carbon fork (non-aero), plus a tune up for $1225 (the guy was asking 1400 and I felt like an ass for asking for 1200).

How's that?
Quote Reply
Re: Posers or schwag artists? [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Class A rant, my brother!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I snagged a new Corima Fox frame for only $1600 (nearly 1/2 price). How does that rate on the "schwag-o-meter"?
Quote Reply
Re: Posers or schwag artists? [HRH bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice...

Anyone else schwag some good deals lately?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Craig,

If Mac was a real friend he would offer up a deal to you

I am offering you a bro deal on a new bike...call me

Hey Mac good to see you and your hot wife in Vegas

Craig as you already know the only good thing about Mac

is that wife of his
Quote Reply
Re: Posers or schwag artists? [chig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awwww...now you made me blush :)

It was great to see you in Vegas too! Its been way too long!

K~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Colnago Super frame and fork fot $125

Yeah, it's old but it's friggin schweet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New Cervelo P3 Frame CSC Team - 950 USD

New Team Soloist Frame - 680 USD

New Wolf fullcarbon fork - 80 USD

Good enough deal for you ?

:-)
Quote Reply