Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Portland, OR Coaching
Quote | Reply
My wife & I moved to Portland recently and my wife wants a private or small group coach. I am sifting through all the resources but thought it may be easier to ask the collective if there are any good recommendations based on her needs. While I am perfectly fine to train on my own, uncoached, I figure if she is to get a private coach, I might as well tack myself on there as I could probably benefit. If you think a particular coach is best for her needs though, that is primary.

My wife is a decently fast runner (3:20 PR at Boston) who is fairly new to swimming (38 min. 70.3) and cycling (2:57 70.3) - 2 years but a pretty decent start to the sports. She still loves running the most but forced herself into triathlon because she has dealt with a piriformis injury (something was pinched, we can't recall the exact diagnosis) as well as various other minor running related injuries. She will be seeing a PT here soon to keep her in running shape. She wants to get faster, but her only goal is the 70.3 distance (for now...). So I would guess her coach needs to be someone whose worked with running injuries and is sensitive to training load as she can't handle too much volume. Also, this coach needs to be well versed in swimming and swim technique as well, she wants more than anything to be faster there and so do I so we both need that.

I know it's hard to find the perfect coach for all her needs so while she wants swim coaching the most, I would prioritize a coach who knows how to handle injury prone athletes. She is someone who loves to push herself too much an there is nothing I can do to convince her to slow down.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Portland, OR Coaching [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://steelheadcoaching.com/

Shawn is a good guy. I actually did a 70.3 relay with him a few years ago. Worth checking out for sure.

Quote Reply
Re: Portland, OR Coaching [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Any_fellow_triathletes_in_the_Vancouver_WA_area%3F_P6618946/?search_string=portland%20or%20clubs#p6618946
Quote Reply
Re: Portland, OR Coaching [yrebetta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahhhh thanks! I always forget to search for vancouver, wa threads

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply