Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Poll! Cervelo Dual vs. Felt S25
Quote | Reply
Which one and why? Take a stand, no sitting on the fence! I already know they are both fine bikes which is why I'm having such a hard time making up my mind.

I have to pull the trigger tomorrow due to a couple financial incentives (plus, I've got the last Dual in stock on hold). I've been sized on both, and they both "fit" with minimal adjustments. Cost almost a wash. Cervelo has a cool new shirt, but Felt has a nice baseball cap.
Quote Reply
Re: Poll! Cervelo Dual vs. Felt S25 [dm in phx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervelo all the way.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Dual and absolutely love it. I have never heard a Dual owner say he/she was diappointed. It is my first real bike, though, so I can't give you any great reasons. Cervelo has great customer service. Gerard is a regular here and always answers questions.

Plus, I have the shirt, and people always comment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since Simon Lessing (riding a dual) beat Craig Walton (riding a Felt) at Escape from Alcatraz, then that must mean the Dual is faster. Doesn't it?

:)

Chad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felts are great and super cool but Cervelo is just so sexy and better.

Get the Dual and join the cult.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Poll! Cervelo Dual vs. Felt S25 [johnt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I Love my Dual, but those Rubinos suck.

I never got a shirt! HEY!
Quote Reply
Re: Poll! Cervelo Dual vs. Felt S25 [YabYum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't get a shirt either! no fair.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Poll! Cervelo Dual vs. Felt S25 [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
im pretty sure lessing was on a soloist
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think that the truth is you cant go wrong either way. I have the Dual and love it rides great and on similar training my ave speed went up 4km/hr from the same race/conditions as last yr on a road bike (that didnt fit well).

My only concern with my Dual is that there were alot of red/white and red/black bikes at my last race but I didnt see any Felts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
go with the dual my man. Can't be beat. I got my new one on Monday and BABY that thing is fast!

I have one question for the technical minded - I am trying to tweak my position a little. This is the first time I have ridden with aero bars and I seem to be stretching to reach them - my elbow angle would be in the region of 105/110 degrees as opposed to 90. Riding the bull horns is comfortable, but I want to be on those bars as long as possible, right?

So...is it better to flip the seat tube round to the steeper angle and hence get closer to those bars? Or would nudging the seat forward an inch do it (it is quite far back at the moment), or do I go for a shorter stem? Everything else seems to fit fine.

But, let me hasten to add, the Dual is one MINT bike.

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Re: Poll! Cervelo Dual vs. Felt S25 [kiwipat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiwipat has risen unto the higher plane with his Dual. kiwipat it is your calling to preach the glory of Gerard and his most holy Cervelo.

Amen.

Quote Reply
Re: Poll! Cervelo Dual vs. Felt S25 [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I had a dream. In that dream folks would no longer laugh at me for riding a 12yr old Raleigh...they would no longer be able to scoff at my biopace rings...in that dream I would keep up with the Treks and Scotts, the Giants and Avantis...in that dream I might, just might, manage to have a bike split where I raced next to one of those Cervelos...and now the dream is real, and I ride that red and black monster and great flaming blue balls of Jesus that thing is a transport of delight.

I have seen the promised land, and drunk from the cup of Gerard, and his holy Vroomen disciples. And it is good, brothers and sisters, it is beyone what you could imagine. And there is only one downside to the dream and that is that I cannot spend every waking hour that Gerard sends riding his custom framed goddess of speed because, alas, I must work to pay for the great demon.

I love my bike. It is the most erotic thing to happen to me since...well, that time in Tokyo with the two girls and the dwarf... but this is a family show! I love that bike like the son I don't have. You can keep your elections, and your war on terror, and your alienation and global march of corporations and your breakdown of the family unit and your status anxiety and your deteriorated present and your anomie and your etc...none of these matter to me anymore, because I have a Cervelo.

And I have to go now because I am getting emotional.

And my bishop may need attention.

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brothers and sisters listen to kiwipat. He has seen the light and the glory. He has spoken the truth and the truth has set him free. He is a missionary of most high holiness. He speaks with the toungue of Gerard and will lead you to paradise.

In the name of Hid

amen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread is the best Cervelo(Dual) enthusiasm SHOW! :)

I have ordered my Dual 9&1/2 weeks ago and reading here makes me smile & drop a tear... and wait!

Seriously, both bikes are great... but the DUAL is just different! ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Poll! Cervelo Dual vs. Felt S25 [Shony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do not let you heart fill with doubt. For the wait shall make the speed even sweeter. With a proper fit you too will speed head long into you decanship in the High Church Of Cervelo.

Can I have a witness?!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have the Dual. Love the Dual. Realistically don't see a need to upgrade the bike for a very long time...any step up (other than wheels) would be pure vanity.

My only complaint is there now seems to be about 4-5 Duals in EVERY rack at my races. Not surprising, when you consider we're in the heart of Cervelo Country.

I got no shirt, hat or other cycling-related tchotke (except for a great deal). And if it's really coming down to graft (god forbid), I truly believe the only grown men who should wear baseball caps are baseball players.
Quote Reply
Re: Poll! Cervelo Dual vs. Felt S25 [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Truth speaks thru you, Mr. Tibbs!

Shall THE MASTER be back in town soon, my ride will be concieved...

(bike is in the shop already)
Quote Reply