Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Polar s625x questions
Quote | Reply
Questions:

1. Can anyone tell me why, when I switch from bike to run and then back to bike, all the bike settings are reset? Every time I go for a run, I have to reset wheel size, chain weight, etc, for the speed and power functions to work correctly. I can't believe that there is no way to keep this from happening.

2. When I download the information from a run, it always gives a distance value different from what I saw on the road. For example, today I ran 5.8 miles on the road, and when I finished the workout, the watch said 5.8. But when I downloaded it, it said 5.2 miles! What's the deal. Also, the workout time duration was off, but not the same amount as the distance was. That is, the workout time that it gave after downloading was not the time it took to run the distance it said I ran.

Any ideas?

-Colin

Thanks,
-Colin

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Last edited by: CCF: Mar 16, 05 1:37
Quote Reply
Re: Polar s625x questions [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump.

Anyone??

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CCF,

I just got one of these watches - to my surprise, it isn't too 'tri' friendly. For individual sports (training), I love it. Do a tri... Don't know yet. I wasn't too happy to find out you will have to stop the watch at each 'transition' and start a new file. To figure your race time, you have to do addition... my brain usually isn't too far behind my body - I can't do much addition when I'm cook'ed.

To your questions:

1. I assume you set up bike functions correctly - the thing must be broken. The watch has two bike setups - when you switch back to 'bike', are you getting the correct one? Easy test - set both bikes up the same, that way either will work.

2. For the distance on the road, make sure you are looking at 'distance' and not 'trip'. If you are looking at the correct one, well.... the thing must be broken. Do you save several files on the watch-then download or do you do one session-then download (possible to get one of the exercises mixed up?).

If you got the watch at a good LBS, talk to them and possibly try a second watch to see if it is the watch or the user. For the user - they might be able to help or just call polar.

Climb1mt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Colin,

I'm not quite sure why you are experiencing the differences you mention in item two, but I have experienced what you are explaining in regards to the bike 1 setting. You might want to consider checking out the yahoo group for the s625x. There is some pretty good information to be found there. Anyhow, this is the fix to item one explained:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/S625x/message/969

"I spoke with a more knowledgeable tech who reccomended I reset the device- it worked- no more problems! Here are the instructions:for the default reset just press the reset button, then left lower and upper right one after another, then upper right till you get to default set. then hold the red button till you get back to time of day."

Cheers,
Colin
Quote Reply