Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Polar S625x IR transfer problem?
Quote | Reply
So I got this spanking new S625x but I can't get the IR transfer to work? I'm using a laptop, running on XP that has a built in IR port. When I put the watch SUPER close to the IR port and set the software to connect, the watch reads "COM" and "100%" but soon times out and NOTHING was transfered.

Somehow, the computer is NOT picking up the signal from the watch.

Does anyone have similar problems and is there a solution to this? I don't really want to spend another $40 bucks to get ANOTHER IR port when I already HAVE ONE! :(

THanks
Quote Reply
Re: Polar S625x IR transfer problem? [Tri-sg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a new Polar about 12 mths ago (different model) and had trouble downloading the info. It seemed to be a software problem and I was able to download an updated version of the software from the Polar website.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your IR port may have settings that you can access in system BIOS - you get to it usually by pressing a function key during start-up. On my laptop, there are two modes, SIR and FIR for slow infrared (155 kbps) and fast infrared (4 mbps). It says to consult with your connecting device's documentation as to which mode to use. Good luck.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where'd you get your 625? A good shop would stand behind that puppy for at least a month, if not more. It's likely the watch unit itself is not communicating properly (I work for a retailer that has sold a ton of these and this was a problem we had early on).

Alicia

www.trisports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Polar S625x IR transfer problem? [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My laptop BIOS has it set to FIR. Is that right? I'm not too sure what you mean?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, if it doesn't work now, I'd try the SIR setting. You may get lucky. You can always change it back. Do you use the IR port for anything else?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No. I don't. It seems that the laptop is NOT picking up the Watch signal although the watch can get the signal from the laptop.

The usual ICON that appears when another IR device is nearby doesn't appear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nuts. That's about as far as I can take you. I have the same HRM and have just ordered the IR adapter (USB) and the bike speed unit. Hopefully it'll all be painless to get working. I won't be using the laptop for this, my big ugly Dell box will get the honor.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck to you man. Hopefully ur's will work flawless :)

meanwhile, i'll continue to struggle with mine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I had this exact same problem with the 720i. Try this... go to the "open training calendar" no the conect to HR monitor link. This feature still doesn't work for me, I have to load each file individually.

When you open the calendar, go to the appropriate day, click on it and then click on "add new exercise". About the fifth icon up in that little window will be an icon with the watch loading IR. Have your watch ready to connect and FIRST click that icon, a new small window will open for showing the progress of the transfer and THEN hit the button on your watch.

Don't mess with your computer. If this doesn't work, go to POLAR and look for any upgrades and then try again. I struggled for 3 days, bought an aftermarket IR and then a POLAR IR. All I needed to do was load the monitor the way I just described.

Brian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Believe it or not, the trick that worked for me was a different USB port. Could be I went from a US 2 to a USB 1 or vica-versa.

I tried everything before doing this change.

good luck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Real simple: You had your IR plugged in when you downloaded the software. Uninstall the software, reboot your system, reinstall the software (without the IR plugged into your computer), than install the drivers for the IR and finally plug in your IR. I had the same problem, and after hours of research found out it was because I had the IR plugged in during install. Good luck, though this should fix it.
Last edited by: Geopie: Jan 31, 05 22:26
Quote Reply
Re: Polar S625x IR transfer problem? [Geopie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Geopie is right. Make sure you get the lastest upgrade from polars website as well.

Good luck,

Henrik
Quote Reply
Call Customer Service [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Listen to the above and then call customer service. You wait on the phone should not be that long.
Quote Reply
Re: Call Customer Service [wvarta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I tried all the above and it didnt work.

I'm going to call Polar today and see what they have to say. Thanks all!
Quote Reply
Re: Call Customer Service [Tri-sg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it is a built in IR rather than a plugged in version then you need to tell the software what port the IR sensor on the laptop is on. My brother had this problem with his new 720i at Christmas, but once we fiddled around and finally discovered the right settings on the laptop it worked just fine. The problem was the laptop, not the watch.

This nice story does not help you a whole lot though because I forgot exactly where we changed the settings and what the correct values were. It was a combination of the options/settings in the Polar software and the port configurations in Windows. If it is a recent laptop you should not have to go into BIOS to change this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same model and experienced the same thing. Here is how you fix it.

In the training calendar screen, go to Connections on teh Toolbar. Select "IR download" or "IR transfer" (sorry, I am doing this at work and the software is on my home computer -- you will know what to select when you see the drop down menu). Make sure your watch is on "CONNECT", but DO NOT hit the red button or any other button -- just leave it on the opening CONNECT screen. When your watch is near the IR reader, click the IR download tag on the drop down menu in the Toolbar -- you will see a pop up showing how much info has been transferred and when it's complete. PUTTING THE WATCH NEAR THE IR READER AND PRESSING THE RED BUTTON DOES NOT WORK!!! You get the 100% message but nothing happens. Do it my way and it will work every time.

Also, once the info is on your computer, if you want to "read" the exercsies, you need to keep the watch near the IR reader. Once you figure it out, its really quite easy.

Good luck.

I proudly DO NOT post my workouts on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Polar S625x IR transfer problem? [chrisc70] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you have the s625x in Connect mode and pointing to the IR port on the laptop you should hear a sound from your laptop indicating that an IR is in range. You should also see the Icon in the system tray. You should be fine up to a foot away. It just needs to be line of sight. You don't even need the Polar software running.

Make sure your Software Preferences in PPP has IrDA in the hardware settings.

Most Polar dealers will exchange it if it's not functioning as it should. It's rare that the IR does not function on an S625x but it does happen. I own and operate http://www.polardiscount.com. In this case we would have you send it back for testing and replacement if warranted.

Tom
sales@polardiscount.com
(925) 913-0555

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got my IR adapter today. Plugged it in and Windows went through the new hardware setup. I didn't even have the CD-ROM in the drive. It said it was all set up. I went into the Polar software, selected Connect, mashed the watch up to the IR thingie, in Connect mode and pressed the red button and, whoa! It downloaded famously (a word my boss likes using in instances like this - a perfectly legit use of the word, btw).

Now, deciphering all the data it downloaded... phew!!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man...do I HAVE TO PAY ANOTHER $30 for the adapter....=(
Quote Reply