Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! PHOTOS POSTED [Wayne@PolarUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Though the watch does not, with the gps is there an altimemter(non barametric, like garmin)?
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! PHOTOS POSTED [Wayne@PolarUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have that version. They need a new version. I'll try shutting off the lights, burnishing my tattoos, farting, and pulling my socks down with my dick in my hand.

Who knows?

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! PHOTOS POSTED [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting watch.

No altimeter, but I'm assuming the GPS (however inaccurate it is). I don't think the separate pod for gps is necessarily a bad thing. I think it's an actual advantage (as in i don't want to wear a damn block on my wrist).

But no power meter support from it's own product .... puzzles me.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! PHOTOS POSTED [hcshao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, why follow hr and cadence if you just have a flat line of elevation. When going back over training, was it intervals???/ odd Hoping the gps shows elevation. Will the supposed look keo pedals with power work?
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! PHOTOS POSTED [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Robert wrote:
I have that version. They need a new version. I'll try shutting off the lights, burnishing my tattoos, farting, and pulling my socks down with my dick in my hand.

Who knows?

-Robert
Do not forget to spin around, click your heels and say I wish I was at Polar headquarters with Uncle Wayne ;0)

Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! PHOTOS POSTED [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
Yeah, why follow hr and cadence if you just have a flat line of elevation. When going back over training, was it intervals???/ odd Hoping the gps shows elevation. Will the supposed look keo pedals with power work?

The GPS is not being utilized today to provide elevation data, either in watch, or in post processing on PPT.com

Neither Keo or the current WIND power meter are compatible with the RCX5.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! PHOTOS POSTED [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Robert wrote:

Who knows?

-Robert

I was totally with you, except you started off with shutting off the lights. Puzzling - that takes all the fun out of it.

-
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! PHOTOS POSTED [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What would you use, Rcx 5, the 800, other? No explanation needed, just your opinion. If you do not want to be questioned, just pm the answer. Thanks For all 3 sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
What would you use, Rcx 5, the 800, other? No explanation needed, just your opinion. If you do not want to be questioned, just pm the answer. Thanks For all 3 sports

I assume you mean RS800 and not Edge 800.

Unfortunately, I don't have an RS800 so I can't say. I attempt to limit my advice to things I've got experiance with. Not trying to sidestep, I just don't have a unit that I've played with. Sorry!

-
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! PHOTOS POSTED [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks......Experiance with Garmin or other brands?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
Thanks......Experiance with Garmin or other brands?

The majority of my experiance to date is with Garmin, Timex and a few other non-tri specific brands. In the case of the RCX5, the Garmin FR310XT is theoretically the competition. Though feature by feature probably it's tough as the RCX5 slots below the Garmin 310XT (or the Timex Global Trainer), but above some of the lower end units like the FR210. It's somewhat most aligned to something like the FR610 from a running/cycling standpoint, though the RCX5 has swimming functionality while the FR610 doesn't like long stays in the pool.

-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kenney I have the rs800 and I do love it. It has
The altimeter to give you your overall feet climbed and declined. I really do not use that part of the watch much but the info is there.
I mainly use the HR.and keep a eye on my averages , and HR during workouts and races. I like the small foot pod for the speed , cadence and stride length. All info I watch very closely to know when I am peeking, tired or need to go harder. Only downside is the HR belt does not transmit in water. After you get out of water it works great and syncs right up. So you have your swim time but no HR info. Not a big deal to me. Like I said I do love my rs800 and my cs600. The two together are one of the best investments I have made for my training. It is also helpful the two watches/computers have fitness indicaters to help gouge your fitness through out a build period. Very reliable equipment with great support. I have no experience with the RCX5 yet but hope to soon.

Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! PHOTOS POSTED [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks......I had the 625 and loved it.....especially the software. Then got the Garmin 305. After being ill for a awhile, and training again, need to buy something
I just like the altimeter for the graphing of my rides. Knew automatically what ride by profile, then when looking at hr knew it was not from intervals ect... Thanks Looks like the 800 is the way to go
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't bother with the RS800, who ever designed the buttons on that watch should have been fired and all customers who purchased it should have had a discount mailed to them. The design is almost childish, and doesn't last. I had to take me apart so many times to bend the little pieces of metal that caused the contact closure, that eventually one of the plastic threads on the back became stripped, moistured entered the watch and now it's useless.

The RCX5 is an example of a company building what they want and not what the costumer wants. Polar is the Blackberry of the sport watch industry. The RS800 has been out for around 5 years and they still haven't fixed the design flaws or came out with a new model.

The RCX5 was made out to be a do all triathlete unit, but pales in comparison to the 310xt. Sure it may be smaller, but who wants to rear a stupid armband for a GPS. It also doesn't have altimeter or the ability to use a power meter, this is a huge design flaw in my opinion once you consider who they are marketing this watch to. Let's also don't forget that you have to use there website to upload your workouts to, and from my understanding it's not very reliable.

So save your money and stay away from Polar.

Me, I just picked up a Garmin 610 yesterday at Bicycle Outfitters Indy for 15% off.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! PHOTOS POSTED [James] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
The design is almost childish, and doesn't last.

Mine is 3 1/2 years old.

Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 coming soon. April 1st arrived early! PHOTOS POSTED [James] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know anything about the software for the 610. I really liked the software with 625 when it came out compared with the software with the 305 when I got that in 07. Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where do you download your garmin to? A website or your own computer? Two years running with my rs800 and no problems. In fact I have a rs400 that still runs awesome that I had before I upgraded. Plus a rs400 I got so cheap on ST classified I figured it would be a great back up. If you sent it first to polar I am sure they would have taken care of it. For me polar has been most reliable and when I contacted polar or this board I have gotten quick answers from Wayne and Chris. Plus some techies I do not know.

Prev Next