Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Polar HRM Question
Quote | Reply
I feel kind of stupid asking this question. My wife bought me a Polar S625X HRM for my birthday. After reading the manual (a lot there!) I got to the back cover where it says that to get the most out of my Polar S625X I should purchase various accessories. I am more than willing to do this, but for the life of me I can't figure out where. Any help regarding this matter would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Bernie

Re: Polar HRM Question [slowbern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What accesories?

speed sensor, cadence, power, USB IR interface?

Buy from your local shop, Where do you live?

Quote Reply
Re: Polar HRM Question [B-Dub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, those would be the accessories that I was referring to. I live in Howell, MI. My wife bought the HRM from Road Runner Sports, but they don't seem to carry that stuff. I checked Polar's website, but that actually wasn't to helpful. I wonder if Tom carries this stuff at Bikesport?

Quote | Reply
Yeah,

I've never met the guy, buy i have the sneaking feeling that he can set you up.

You could do straight mail order, but that wouldn't be fun, they wont help you with the set up for the computer. When you call him, tell him to post more pics of the models from his website.

Quote Reply
Re: Polar HRM Question [B-Dub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly, I can't say good enough things about Tom. When I bought my bike a few years back, he bent over backwards for me. You see, I was hit by a car while riding 3 weeks after getting it. The bike was pretty banged up, so I went back to Bikesport to see what could be done. Tom was able to pull a few strings and got me an upgraded frame and had me ready to go for my first race of the season.

Anyhow, thanks for the suggestion. And I'll be sure to pass on the models suggestion.

Bernie

Quote | Reply
The main accessory you'll need are the IR adapter to download the data to your computer. The bike sensors are also good, if you want to track that along with your running. The power kit is expensive and complicated. You would also need to be ready to commit to power based training to take advantage of it.

I don't know how much Polar stuff Tom has in stock, the accessories are a little hard to find on the shelves. Check out www.hearratemonitorman.com and other online sources. Creative Health Products www.chponline.com is good also, they are in Ann Arbor, and also do service work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm. slowbern, I like your name.

I was always partial to afterberner myself.

berndog
How did we all get sucked into this crazy sport anyway?!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Retrun the gift. The 625X has a lot of issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar HRM Question [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks you very much for the sources. I will certainly check them out. I probably will not be looking to get the power meter. I suppose if I had money to kill, it would be an option, but I don't. Again thanks.

Bernie

Re: Polar HRM Question [berndog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks berndog. The name "slowbern" was given to me by a friend based on my ping-pong serve. He tends to do a serve that is faster and straighter with a lot of top spin so that the ball sinks after it goes over the net. He is also fairly proficient at returning the same serve. So I started serving slow bloopers to him with varying spins and it really messed him up. So the name caught on and stuck.

Bernie

Re: Polar HRM Question [SUX02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two threads, now. You gotta give in and detail your disappointment. There's a lot of people quite happy with it, me included. But, I'm pretty new to HR training and don't know a lot, so any information you have may be beneficial. OTOH, there may be others that have solutions for your issues.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply