Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Polar 625X help needed.
Quote | Reply
Anyone know how to stop the unit beeping when it takes the record every 60 secs (or what ever period you set for a record) without silencing the alarm?

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Polar 625X help needed. [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this is what you're looking for...

User manual page B43... http://support.polar.fi/...oduct/S625X?openForm

1. In the Time of day display scroll up or down until OPTIONS is displayed.

2. Press OK to enter the Options mode. EXERCISE SET is displayed.

3. Scroll up or down until MONITOR SET is displayed.

4. Press OK to start the monitor settings. Sound is displayed.

Turning activity/button sound on/off

If you start from the Time of day display, repeat steps 1-4.

5. Press OK to start setting the sound. On/OFF starts to flash.

6. Scroll up or down to set sound On or Off. Press OK.

Activity/button sound consists of the button sound and in the Measuring and Recording modes the following activity sounds: start, stop and lap

recording, phase start, interval phase end and recovery calculation end sounds. It does not consist of target zone alarms, watch alarm or fitnesstest alarm.

If that's not it,, you might try asking your question at the S625X group at Yahoo Groups or

http://www.polar.fi/...g/polar/contact.html

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It doesn't sound like it is the "activity/button" sound though. I have my sound "on", it beeps to start exercising, when I stop, and on laps. I've only used in the "basic" exercise mode, though.

Could it be the "zone" alarm? Do you have HR/pace ranges set up that it might be beeping to say you are out of them? Page 53 of the manual talks about that. Does it show a little alarm on the display when you are in "measuring mode"...when the HR is being read? Kind of like this *))) (but with the "soundwaves" getting bigger). That is the zone alarm. You turn it off by pressing and holding the signal/light button (top left button).

Do you use it in the Interval or E1-E5 modes? If so, my guess is that it is this alarm, I'd check your ranges.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar 625X help needed. [TriAlbany] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TA, I do use the set exercise function and have on previous Polars. It is not this outside of zone alert that I am seeking to silence, if I am using it in run mode it makes a single beep at minute intervals (this is the interval I have set to make a record), I am not sure whether it would do this in Bike mode as I would have the bike measuring hardware. I just came back from a 2 1/2 hour easy ride where I had I set up in 138-157 bpm zone and did not experience the 1 minute beep, maybe I have to live with it in run mode. I hope not as it is very distracting.

Quote Reply
Re: Polar 625X help needed. [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THanks Jack I will try both of those suggestions, the first on my run tomorrow. Is it just me or is it kind of scary ( albeit useful) that there is a yahoo POlar 625x group?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2 other things could be causing this:

1) Autolap - beeps with each lap - however it's based on distance not time... but still a possibility

2) interval timer - do you have intervals "on" and the timer set to 1 min.?

the 625x group is not scary,,, there are actually only about 10-20 members... Great group for figuring out how to calibrate the footpod... These are the people that discovered that the distance calculations on the watch are different than the one's in the Polar software (it's a rounding issue).
Quote Reply
Re: Polar 625X help needed. [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Autolap is a possibility Jack, whilst the interval timer is not. I may well have to contact the group if none of the other comments prove fruitful in the morning.

Quote Reply