Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Please help me with my bike fit
Quote | Reply
Hi Everybody
I'm getting back into triathlon after a long layoff since 2012 after a miserable 70.3 experience followed up by then having two children. Having delved into the bike fit threads, I've come to the conclusion that the fit my LBS did for me when I bought the bike was dreadful. Taking what I've learned in the ST threads, I've tried to put together something that looks about right, but would love input from this amazing and crazy knowledgeable group.

I'm trying to be competitive in sprint and Olympic distance races for my age group, and hope to move up to 70.3 in 2020. I want to place in my age group, so I'm looking for a racing position that will be quick, but something comfortable enough that I can hold. I'm 180cm tall, riding a pretty stock 2012 Cannondale Slice 5 with an ISM PS 1.1 saddle.

<a href="">YouTube Bike Fit Video</a>

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Please help me with my bike fit [Kickr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drop the saddle about 5 mm.

Armpads need to be moved forward about 1 cm. Your extensions are too short - either extend them more or, if you don't have any extension left, it's time for an upgrade.

Your fit is really pretty good for a DIY job.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Please help me with my bike fit [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much Trent!

I made all of the adjustments you recommended (saddle down 5mm; armpads forward 1cm) and extended my aerobars 2cm.

Here's the video of my modified position - it feels pretty good - is there anything else you'd ideally like to see in my fit?

I try to show you my aerobar extension length in relation to my hand early on in the video. I think ideally I'd like to switch out my aerobar extensions to something a bit longer, more ergonomic, and that comes together at the hands. I was thinking something like the Zipp Vuka Alumina (either the race of the Evo 70mm rise) - thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Please help me with my bike fit [Kickr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The EVO70s would be great. You might experiment with lowering the cockpit 1 cm.

Otherwise you are looking solid.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Please help me with my bike fit [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much, Trent! You've been super generous with your time and I really appreciate it.

I'll lower the cockpit 1cm and post a video some time this week.

Thanks again!
Quote Reply