Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pinarello or Scott
Quote | Reply
So, I have narrowed my road bike choices down to the Pinarello f 3:13 with Ultegra or the Scott C1 Pro with Ultegra. I have ridden both as of today. I feel the Pinirello decends better, but the Scott climbs better. The difference in decending feels better by a little bit with the Pinarello, but the climbing with the Scott feels a bunch better. On most other qualifiers it is a toss up. Which would you choose and why?

When it's good, it's good. When it's bad, you suffer.
Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Pinarello or Scott [WryMouth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You better try a Pinarello Paris Carbon! That's what I have and it is the best decending and climbing bike I've ridden.
Quote Reply
Re: Pinarello or Scott [ironmanrex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To much money.

Dan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look around. I got mine back in Nov 06 for $2600. Shop had discounted them down from $3600.
Quote Reply
Re: Pinarello or Scott [ironmanrex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really, that is a Wow price. Here (Salt Lake) they are above 4000.00

Dan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you sure that both are the same size?

It's unusual to find that both bikes "feel" the same in one area, and that different in another. As far as strickly frames are concerned both are great and similar. I agree that feel is important, so if you're sure, - I'd go with the better climber. But for me, a Campy riding Italian, - there would be no decision. Scott is Swiss, so IMO, either bike is "safe" to buy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some Pinarellos are great eye candy and I know people who own the higher-end non-carbon models who swear by them. I also know a guy who broke three carbon fiber Pinarellos in one year -- the manufacturer would replace them and each time but, without fail, the frame would eventual crack; a differnt place each time. I've heard of other quality problems with their carbon frames. For example, I've heard several people complain about clouding in the clear coat over the fiber.

I know nothing about Scott.

What is your criteria for narrowing it down to these two brands?
Quote Reply
Re: Pinarello or Scott [Sea Bass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i just bought scott cr1 plasma ltd, i never rode a pinarello but the scott is getting better al the time.
incredible ride i love my bike ijust want to ride now.
i think every body should try a scott even on rough rode in the try position it feel so fast and smooth,
Quote Reply
Re: Pinarello or Scott [stevenfield] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"i think every body should try a scott even on rough rode in the try position it feel so fast and smooth,"

Huh? :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Pinarello or Scott [10-4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been riding my Scott CR1 Pro w/Ultegra for nearly 2 years now.
It is a great road bike and very responsive.
I am not too happy with the bike with the tri bars on it, so would suggest that if you are looking for a pure road bike you are safe with the Scott, my experience with the tri bars is not brilliant.

You can tell that it is a great frame as really notice the difference when put the zippa on for racing - I think that is the measure of a good frame - being able to notice the improvements in the peripherals (if you can call gears and wheels "peripherals" - a bit too important to be dissed like that?!)
Quote Reply
Re: Pinarello or Scott [plodder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you mean to reply to me?

"I am not too happy with the bike with the tri bars on it"

Lucky for Scott it wasn't designed to be used with tri bars.

"I think that is the measure of a good frame - being able to notice the improvements in the peripherals (if you can call gears and wheels "peripherals" - a bit too important to be dissed like that?!)"

I think a good frame should feel good with bad components as well as good...just an enhanced version of itself with better components.
Quote Reply
Re: Pinarello or Scott [10-4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did, and I guess I'm being educated!
I mean clip ons, but take your point.

The frame feels good on standard wheels - just you really notice the improvemnet when yu upgrade - surely that is a good thing.

I'm listening and ready to learn!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have wanted a Pinarello since I was 14. I have a Scott Mountain bike that I like a lot. I have ridden the Felts, Cerevelos, Specialized, Time, Schwinn, Pinarello, and De Rosa. I know most of my opinion is strictly anecdotal, but the feel of the Scott was really nice, very comfortable for my style of riding. So I bought the Scott. I'll let you know how it goes, but as of the little 20 mile ride I just did, I am loving my choice.

Dan
Quote Reply