Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pigeon toes on the bike
Quote | Reply
http://www.brightroom.com/...77&S=230&PWD=

So I'm looking through my pics from the CaliMan 1/2 and I notice that on the bike I have the worst case of pigeon toes I've ever noticed on anyone....I know I've adjusted my cleats for a variety of reasons, but just that seems abnormal. Don't feel any pain, and am able to run fairly well off the bike.

Wondering what anyone's thoughts might be as to concerns---I know there's an absence of lots of info here, but generalizations are okay---with perhaps loss of power, etc. A quick look at some other pictures, both pro and amateur, and I don't see another pedaling style quite like mine.

Knowing that I can adjust the cleats differently and try out different positions, I still ask the question---as a rule, should I be concerned? Does that question make sense?
Quote Reply
Re: Pigeon toes on the bike [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have any pictures to post about it, but I've found my feet do weird things on the bike as well. I actually have the opposite problem and splay my toes out, causing my heel to occasionally rub on the crank. I've also noticed when pushing hard that I tend to put weight on the outside of my foot. Do you have the opposite tendency - to put weight on the inside?
Quote Reply
Re: Pigeon toes on the bike [Jerrodg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suppose that I do (put weight on the inside)...I've not really consciously thought about it. Sunday's long ride I will pay close attention to what is happening---I hate to tinker too much with things 6 weeks out from goal race, but that also might be enough time if another position works better. Probably wouldn't know unless I tried, but it's hard to evaluate how something works over a 20-mile ride versus a 100 mile one...and there's only so many long rides one can do.

I guess I just never really (a) thought about it too much and (b) ever noticed it to that extent before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know anything about your questions, I am just amazed how you muscle men drag yourselves around the course. Many times very quickly.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump...posted late yesterday. In case anyone cares. ;-)
Quote Reply