Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pick my birthday present/imporve my contact points
Quote | Reply

New tires changed my life. Seriously.

Now, I'm all about this whole concept of improving my points of contact.

For less than $250 total, what's the most aero/road vib. dampening/comfy aero bar and base bar I can buy?

And do carbon seat posts really work?

SM
Quote Reply
Re: Pick my birthday present/imporve my contact points [skid marks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Specialized Bar Phat (the stuff with separate gel inserts under the tape) bar tape on your road bike...and if you REALLY want to cadillac it...toss on some of the new Bontrager BuzzKill plugs as well...I did this to my off-season/commuter workhorse and the difference is HUGE...no...REALLY...not kidding... and I suppose you could use part of the kit on aero bars as well... I'd reckon that would go twice as far as switching to some high zoot carbon bars would in improving your contact comfort...but then again...you already know that having been around as long as you have...Oh...and the Bar Phat tape is only $35 per set...

Now if I could just find someone with some thin gel aero bar pads...HEAVEN...
Quote Reply
Re: Pick my birthday present/imporve my contact points [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, and I'd bet a box of donuts that if you stuffed a pair of the BuzzKills down in the base bars or clip-ons before you stuffed in the brake levers or shifters...that would work like a champ...they really do kill the high-freq buzz...

Of course the weight weenies will have a heart attack...they add like 50g to your bike...that must add like an hour to your TT time. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Pick my birthday present/imporve my contact points [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been skeptical about Buzz Kill but living where I do, I think I need it.

Now where to find it is the question.
Quote Reply