Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Photos of my new P3SL for Laguna Phuket (and my other cat too).
Quote | Reply
Just finished it:

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Photos of my new P3SL for Laguna Phuket (and my other cat too). [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm dumbstruck.
Quote Reply
Re: Photos of my new P3SL for Laguna Phuket (and my other cat too). [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice Tom. Good luck and enjoy the race...

Jim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not to nit pick, but I think you have to lose the white tires. Of course, I ride a used road bike purchased off ebay whith yellow frame, the same velomax circuit wheels and red and black tires so who am I to argue style points.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The other cat looks faster! ;-)

That's a lot of saddle to bar drop. You're getting close to Bjorn! Your bike is once again, an aesthetic beauty. Nice lines. Looks fast standing still.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why those wheels?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom,

Any particular reason for your choice of fork? (This coming from a Reynolds snob.)
Quote Reply
Re: Photos of my new P3SL for Laguna Phuket (and my other cat too). [elund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those can't be his race wheels - they're clinchers...
Quote Reply
Re: Photos of my new P3SL for Laguna Phuket (and my other cat too). [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm, I'll try to get them all:

1. Yeah, I'm not sure about the white tires either. I thought I'd try it.

2. Velomax Tempest II's- Soon to be Easton Tempest II's. Very, very nice. Same price or cheaper than Ksyriums, one piece hub body (as opposed to, four I think, on the Ksyrium), 1500 grams for the pair, overall great hubs, bladed spokes. Good, solid wheels. These wheels are for training rides only. I'll be racing on my favorite Zipp 909's

3. I have used the Easton fork and really like it. Carbon steer tube- I think it raises the front of the bike a bit. Softens the steering as Dan's front geometry article touches upon. Lighter too I think.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't comment on the bike, even had to borrow one for my tri this fall, but the cat is a real looker!!! Definitely more aero than the fluffy one. Wish I was going to Phuket. We were there at this time last year and it was awesome. Sometime when you are in Thailand take a few extra days and visit the north. I really like the people and atmosphere up there.

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Photos of my new P3SL for Laguna Phuket (and my other cat too). [cmetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I like the way it looks too.

Actually, this is conservative saddle to bar drop for me. Notice the spacer under the stem. That goes back on top after Laguna Phuket. I just need it there for getting over the Tiger's Back in Phuket. That is a nasty-assed series of climbs in a blast-furnace.

The Bjorn bike I built earlier was nearly 7 centimeters lower in the front end. I couldn't ride that.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bike is nothing special, but that cat is something else!
Quote Reply
Re: Photos of my new P3SL for Laguna Phuket (and my other cat too). [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Socks is a good cat. Not the smartest cat in the world, but a good cat. She is a little overweight. She likes birds a lot. Her favorite thing. Very picky eater. Utterly subordinate to Cleo. Cleo is much older than Socks. Socks is also a former U.S. Marine.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, why'd you go with the two piece vision techs? Weight?

It's funny to see them on your bike because it's what I was planning to get on my first tri specific bike because of the value. I'm surprised vision tech made these...seems like they'll sell less integrated bars.

How would it affect the price of a s32 or a dual from your shop to put those bars on it?

Thanks for your time,
Dan
www.aiatriathlon.com

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Photos of my new P3SL for Laguna Phuket (and my other cat too). [dtreeps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think these bars are excellent. When the one piece bars become available I will try those.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Photos of my new P3SL for Laguna Phuket (and my other cat too). [dtreeps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Truthfully, on most bike sales the cost of upgrading to Visiontech FSA bars is either even-up (no charge) or a few bucks.

For the Profile equipped bikes we upgrade we just broom the Profiles on E-bay.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would using them raise the price of an entry level bike in your shop or lower it? I am thinking about an s32 or dual depending on how much I can save.

The redline cross bike is fast but not fast enough! Plus I still haven't seen any hurdles at any of the local tris :)

Thanks again,
Dan
www.aiatriathlon.com

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Last edited by: dtreeps: Nov 3, 04 15:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey...I like those tires! And I love the cat!

"How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live."
-H.D.Thoreau
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TOTAL BONAGE!!!!

Quote | Reply
I like the white tires. Makes your bike look like it is pawing the ground, ready to go.

In case you wanted a woman's perspective. :P

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Socks is a good cat. Not the smartest cat in the world, but a good cat. She is a little overweight. She likes birds a lot. Her favorite thing. Very picky eater. Utterly subordinate to Cleo. Cleo is much older than Socks. Socks is also a former U.S. Marine.

You can see Socks' military training coming through, too, with the carpet-laden top-of-the-stairs lair she has sorted out there.

She looks like a total killer.

I am all motivated now to get myself a digital camera and post pics of my cat.

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tom, looks cool. what size did you go with btw?

http://www.pbmcoaching.com
USA Triathlon Level 3 Elite Coach
USA Cycling Level 1 Elite Coach

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the Easton Fork, too. I had my Titan Flex painted similarly to the fork scheme...black up top/up front and red in the bottom/rear. Looks great to me. I sure wouldn't argue against the Reynolds Ouzo Pro Aero fork, though...it's on my other bike. The Easton is a bit more contoured than the Reynolds...FWIW...don't know if it means squat about which is more aero/comfortable/stronger.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, what biomechanical, mechanical or aerodynamic correlation is there with your cat on his left side vs. his right?

jg

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, it is difficult to tell from the pics, but is your saddle right over the BB ? What is your middle of BB to middle of seat height. Looks like you are riding at around 77 degrees with the longer saddle and ~ 70 cm BB to middle of saddle height. Is this correct ?
Quote Reply

Prev Next