Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Phoenix trip
Quote | Reply
I'm off to Phoenix next Friday for a weekend away from the kids (3 and 6 yrs old -- for those who've experienced those ages, you can relate to how very much I'm looking forward to this). My husband's best friend will be joining us, and they'll be golfing all weekend. That leaves me hanging around at my sister's house in Chandler, delicately balancing my alcohol intake with guilt-free training opportunities (hell, I might even go to the mall!). I can't run because of a stress fracture, so I'm left to swim and bike. It's too short a trip to bother or risk shipping my bike, but I was wondering if there was somewhere I could rent a decent bike. I'm not picky -- a mountain bike would do; I just want to ride. Which brings me to my next question -- any good suggestions for where to ride?
Quote Reply
Re: Phoenix trip [AmyMI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just moved to the phx area. It sucks to ride in compared to tucson. but saying that you'll be close to south mtn. Don't go up, it's the worlds worst road. My body is still vibrating from the trip down. The ride around the mtn is pretty good. There are some posts in previous months about riding areas in phx. Search for them. Tortilla flats is great if you like to climb a bit.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Phoenix trip [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Tortilla flats is great if you like to climb a bit.
Last edited by: Dapper Dan: Apr 22, 04 23:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think that Domenics rents out bikes. You should look around online. I think Phoenix has pretty good riding, I would also suggest the Tortilla flats ride, beautifull scenery and the climb is gradual and not really steep, with a great descent down to the lake.

Desert Dude is a wimp for complaining about the South Mountain descent, that one will put hairs on your chest! (or shake them off) I find the faster you go down the smoother it actually gets.

Kr
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amy,

You might also call Tempe Bicycle. There is a wonderful new mall in Chandler, you could do some damage.

Have hope, stress fractures eventually heal, it took me 4 months but I finally ran for the first time this week, since December and I thought I would need an oxygen mask!

There is also a race that weekend, May 2 a sprint and oly at Tempe Town Lake.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One other thing, there are some decent routes in the Awatukee area, pecos road area. usery pass is a good one also

Quote Reply