Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Phoenix area triathletes/cyclists
Quote | Reply
Did anyone know that they are opening a Performance Bike on Raintree and 101? I had no idea. It is about 2 minutes from where I work! Now I know where my paychecks are going to go. They are also looking for help if anyone is interested or know of anyone that is interested.
Quote Reply
Re: Phoenix area triathletes/cyclists [briantryintri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey brian - i am currently applying to jobs in a variety of states, including AZ. There are positions in Tuscon and Phoenix. I am definitely applying to Tuscon - thats where tons of pros go for winter and I hear it is very tri-friendly. Do you give a thumbs up for Phoenix, too?
Quote Reply
Re: Phoenix area triathletes/cyclists [johnthesavage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a bicycle shop really close to where the Performance shop is going to be called Bicycle Ranch. This is a single location shop but they actually have some ties in with the Postal Team somehow. This would also be a good place to apply. They are mostly cycling based but dabble in tri. I know that they are looking for some tri people if that is your background.

I think that you will love the area that Performance/Bicycle Ranch is in. It is in an area called North Scottsdale and there are a ton of cyclists in this area. Very high dollar living up here so there is some money to be spent. You have some pretty good climbing around this area and the traffic is a little less than the other areas, but it is still not calm to say the least. I do not think this area is as good as the Tuscon area, but it is really growing (cycling wise). I saw at least 25 people out this morning cycling in this area so it is definitely growing.

Let me know if I can help in any way. E-mail me if you feel more comfortable

bthompsono@ccmc-net.com
Quote Reply
Re: Phoenix area triathletes/cyclists [briantryintri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just saw it yesterday. It's not far from where I live. I am a frequent customer of Bicycle Ranch. BR seems like a great place to work. They are very nice to me as I am a cycling newbie. I order online from performance but mainly clothing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Phoenix and the surrounding aera is nice, we just bought a rental next to the university, you can see the Sundevil stadium. The aera is expanding, roads and freeways are better than California, but the drivers are way worse, and damm is it hot. Wait let me say that again, damm is it hot.
Quote Reply
Re: Phoenix area triathletes/cyclists [Race4LV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hot just does not seem to explain how hot it is here. Damn hot or stifling or something like that may do better. It feels like a hair dryer here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just noticed a typo:

bthompson@ccmc-net.com

Sorry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to live in Fountain Hills back in the 80s (gosh am I that old already?) There was a nice ride that went through North Scottsdale, down to Shea, through Fountain Hills, Rio Verde, Pinnacle Peak and back to North Scottsdale. If I recall, it was about 50 miles with some very big climbs. Traffic on that route wasn't bad then, but, I think that there's about 5 - 10 million more people in the valley now. One thing for sure though, it was unbearably hot in the summer.

Good luck with your choice.
Quote Reply
Re: Phoenix area triathletes/cyclists [Rocketboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a roadie group that does that ride, counterclockwise form Scottsdale and Shea, every Sunday morning. Sometimes I do that ride. Definitely lots of good riding in North Scottsdale.
Quote Reply