Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Peter Reid reg'd for IMWA
Quote | Reply
OK, now I'm excited - I love seeing the Canadian Pros race in the same race as me, and it looks like Peter will be doing IMWesternAus with me in Nov. WooHoo!

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Peter Reid reg'd for IMWA [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That seems really odd. I wonder if he is planning on not going out terribly hard in Hawaii for some reason? 2 IM races in a month?
Quote Reply
Re: Peter Reid reg'd for IMWA [Markus Mucus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not planning on going out hard in Hawaii? Does that statement really make any sense at all to you?

Likely he is getting an appearance fee to do IMWA. Or maybe he just gave permission (and got paid) to say he was registered to draw a crowd. He is registered, he shows up, gives some talks, and then doesn't start or drops after the swim to "food poisoning" or something else. He may be headed out to WA to do his winter training, so why not make some money doing an appearance?

Peter thinks ONLY of Kona. ONLY!! Even if he was on death's door he would race Kona as hard as possible. No other race matters.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Peter Reid reg'd for IMWA [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's would I would think as well, but I just thought it odd that he would sign up for it knowing he has just raced THE race for him for the year. I thought it was odd.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heather Gollnick kind of did the same thing at IMC. Did the swim, biked at a good pace, dropped on the run. Peter's just getting in one last well supported training day before going to his high altitude lodge in Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: Peter Reid reg'd for IMWA [Markus Mucus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Signing up" costs him $0 and likely may even earn him some cash. I thinks it more surprising that IMWA organizers think that anyone will actually believe that he'll race...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Peter Reid reg'd for IMWA [TruckeeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Heather Gollnick kind of did the same thing at IMC. Did the swim, biked at a good pace, dropped on the run. Peter's just getting in one last well supported training day before going to his high altitude lodge in Kona.[/reply]

No, IMWA is a couple of week after Kona, so he's probably just going to be there decompressing.

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Peter Reid reg'd for IMWA [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He always races and does well at the Xterra Long Course race the week after Kona - maybe he's just mixing it up a little
Quote Reply
Re: Peter Reid reg'd for IMWA [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peter just "showed-up" to finish Kona in '02 and came in 2nd. :-) If Peter is at Kona it's to win.

It's impressive that the Aussies are paying him some appearance $$$ considering all the great talent Downunder. Maybe they want another Reid - Leigh type sprint to the finish. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Peter Reid reg'd for IMWA [TruckeeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think that was Heather's plan at IMC... when I saw her on Richter... she was hurting. Her coach was running beside her forever yelling things at her.. that wouldn't happen if it was just a 'hard training day'.

Trev

Trev Williams
http://www.thedoctrine.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what's the date??

------------------------------------------------------------------
"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's in Kona now.

Quote | Reply
from IMG newsletter....

Three-time Hawaii Ironman Champion Peter Reid has confirmed he will be racing at Ironman Western Australia in Busselton on November 27, 2005 .

Unfortunately for Reid his early season racing and training plans took an abrupt twist in late April thanks to a nasty staph infection that has prompted him to look to Ironman WA as his second Ironman race of the season. Staph, or staphylococcus aureus bacteria, is an annoying, but common, bug that typically enters the body through a cut or other break in the skin.

“Day to day I feel fine,” says Reid, on his website www.peterreid.com “But when I try to push the intensity in training I notice that I’m still not quite 100 percent.”

While the unexpected hiccup has forced Reid to rethink his early-summer racing plans, he is keen to return to full training and will likely get back up to speed quickly, given his good early-season fitness.

“I had to pull out of Ironman Germany,” says Reid, “which is a race I was really looking forward to, so I’m bummed about that. Still, Ironman is my thing, and I’d like to race two Ironman events this year, but given that we now have just four months until Hawaii, my second Ironman will come after Kona at Ironman WA.”

For more information on Peter Reid visit: www.peterreid.com

I'll reserve judgment until it happens, but it sounds plausible to me.....
Quote Reply