Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Perhaps I killed a Stormtrooper and took it from him....
Quote | Reply
First impressions were that I could tell it the Tempor was from a bit back with the press fit visor instead of magnet. Otherwise, I guess I have a narrow head as my ears didn't get ripped off putting it on. Others said that was an issue that made them loath it. They just kind of fold out of the way and on it goes.

I dunno, it fits/feels fine. Vision doesn't seem to be any worse given the riding position than anything else I've ever owned.

I totally get why this was NOT a good high production volume or sales volume helmet design choice. But, I also can totally see why if pursuit or fast TT's are your thing.......yeah, it could work. I'll get to the "could" work later when I ride it and grab some data.

I own a Giro Adv 2, a POC Cerebel, and this POC Tempor. I went ahead and got a new Tempor as the used prices are astronomical. Price was exact per POC website.

I know I'm no master at bike fit, but it's what I've got. Never mind the table lean, I was too lazy to drag the trainer out of the closet pain cave setup. But you get the idea. I know some folks find little issues each time I post pics, I then decide if they're worth fixing or if my data says "it's fast". I like the look so far, now to see if it will fly or not.

Oh, random........why the flying fook do a lot of aerobar setups ship with cylindrical head hex fasteners instead of round/button head? The button head looks SO much better and stays out of the wind. I spent $5 to replace a bunch on this bike and it just tickles the OCD a little bit. But McMaster screwed me on the shipping. Eff those guys.

Oh, and yes......I'm looking for a different skinsuit to go with the setup. I own a BP 3.3. But was told to try a Velotec.

Quote Reply
Re: Perhaps I killed a Stormtrooper and took it from him.... [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was very stream-of-consciousness like...
Quote Reply
Re: Perhaps I killed a Stormtrooper and took it from him.... [cielo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cielo wrote:
That was very stream-of-consciousness like...

Nailed it. With me, it happens. Sometimes it produces fruit, sometimes vinegar. Either can be used to please the palate. Just matters how you use it.
Quote Reply
Re: Perhaps I killed a Stormtrooper and took it from him.... [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your seat is too...

Aw, never mind,

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think that is going to be a really good helmet for you. Interesting that it still has the Velcro visor. Sounds like they just did another production run with little or no change
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now all you've got to do is hold it in that position while you race ;-)

Obviously its a flavour of the month helmet, with everyman and his dog using them here in the UK, but there's very few that can hold that position consistently out on the road (John Archibald for example), those that can't would be better off using something that is a compromise, allowing them to stay in position and see where they're going
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm interested in your race bag model.
A few pics of the bag with the table inside would help.

Louis :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're going to be in the sh1t when your other half sees you've gouged the dining room table with your brake lever 😱
Quote Reply
Re: Perhaps I killed a Stormtrooper and took it from him.... [louisn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
louisn wrote:
I'm interested in your race bag model.
A few pics of the bag with the table inside would help.

Louis :-)

Race bag? What’s that?

No tables were harmed in the creation of this picture. My leg is hitting the table and the brake is about 1/8 inch above.
Quote Reply