Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Peleton and Strava
Quote | Reply
I bought my wife a Peloton+ and she really likes it. She was able to SYNC it to her Strava account really easy.

I created my profile and rode the Peloton yesterday. After my ride I tried to SYNC/Share my ride into my Strava account and it kept saying something like account in use or something.

Basically 1 Peloton...2 profiles and want each profile to sync/share with its own (2) Strava accounts? How hard can this be???

Any suggestions to get it to work?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Peleton and Strava [Greyhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As long as you are logged into your Peloton profile and have connected your Peloton profile to your Strava account (login to Strava from the Peloton social menu) then it will sync your specific Peloton data to your specific Strava account. My wife and I have our own Strava accounts and have our own profiles on our 1 Peloton account. No issues at all.

There is 1 caveat.....if you are connected to another device while working out (ie., a Garmin) and that Syncs to Strava before Peloton, you will not get your Peloton session synced to Strava as well.

Also, one more thing.....if your Peloton profile is connected to Strava you can also manually push the workout when you are done right from the Peloton screen.

Cheers, Ray
Last edited by: TX83: Oct 1, 20 10:31
Quote Reply
Re: Peleton and Strava [TX83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for letting me know it is possible. This is the message I am getting....it doesn't even give me an option to enter an account.

When you hit either the Connect To Strava or Strava Connected options a message comes up at the top of the Peloton saying This account is already associated with a Peloton User.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Greyhound wrote:
Thanks for letting me know it is possible. This is the message I am getting....it doesn't even give me an option to enter an account.

When you hit either the Connect To Strava or Strava Connected options a message comes up at the top of the Peloton saying This account is already associated with a Peloton User.

Did you get this far when signed into your Peloton account and then went to the social connection in your profile?

Cheers, Ray
Last edited by: TX83: Oct 1, 20 15:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks again for trying to help me.

It would not even get that far. I would press share and next press Strava and instead of connecting with Strava it automatically gives me message saying this account is associated with another user.

Like I mentioned my wife had no problem connecting her account. I tried to chat with Peloton today and after being in the Que for 45 minutes the person told me they had to send me an account expert...after waiting 30 minutes in that Que a message appeared saying support was not available to help and disconnected me (it was 5:25pm so many they all went home).

I will probably try again tomorrow!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Greyhound wrote:
Thanks again for trying to help me.

It would not even get that far. I would press share and next press Strava and instead of connecting with Strava it automatically gives me message saying this account is associated with another user.

Like I mentioned my wife had no problem connecting her account. I tried to chat with Peloton today and after being in the Que for 45 minutes the person told me they had to send me an account expert...after waiting 30 minutes in that Que a message appeared saying support was not available to help and disconnected me (it was 5:25pm so many they all went home).

I will probably try again tomorrow!

Ugh, that's so frustrating. Sorry we couldn't get you up and running. Hopefully Peloton support will be able to get it figured out.

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks again for trying to help!

I did chat online with Peloton today. They told me it was impossible to have one bike that connects to different Strava accounts under different profiles. I spent 15 minutes trying to explain it has to be possible. I am going to chat again later and hopefully get a customer service rep that can help.

If not my plan B is to see if i can say to load to fitbit since that is another option. i will then have Strava pull the info from Fitbit website hopefully like Garmin connect.

Again...thanks for your time trying to help a stranger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do not have a peleton but one thing you may want to try is to unsync your wife's strava account from her peleton profile (and possibly yours). Then try re-syncing them again. There might be a small bug that is screwing the process that could be reset by unsyncing and resyncing. I would definitely unsync the profiles, reset the peleton bike/software and then try resyncing everything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Greyhound wrote:
Thanks again for trying to help!

I did chat online with Peloton today. They told me it was impossible to have one bike that connects to different Strava accounts under different profiles. I spent 15 minutes trying to explain it has to be possible. I am going to chat again later and hopefully get a customer service rep that can help.

If not my plan B is to see if i can say to load to fitbit since that is another option. i will then have Strava pull the info from Fitbit website hopefully like Garmin connect.

Again...thanks for your time trying to help a stranger.

Glad to try and help. We're all in this crazy sport together :)

And to make sure I'm not missing anything, I just did 30sec test workouts on both the bike and Tread for both my wife and me. All 4 workouts (2 for me and 2 for my wife on each the bike and Tread) sync to our individual Strava accounts.

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply