Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pedal induced periformis issues? Is it possible?
Quote | Reply
I have been struggling with some gleut/hamstring issues for 2 years now, tried just about everything possible to fix with little to show for it. Diagnosed as common tendonosis in the right hamstring.

I did High Cliff HIM last weekend and even with stretching (fig 4 periformus) ever 10 miles, the gleuts still seized up around the sit bone at mile 40.

Talking to the Dr (new sports Chiro) through things, one idea came out that I wanted to check. Could the float on the pedals be causing these issues?

Facts:
- I live in Chicago so there is lots of trainer sessions. I always train on my tri bike as it is the most comfortable
- My tri-bike has original speedplays, love them, have used them for 6 years
- My cross bike and mtn bike use Time ATAC, I rarely use them on the trainer. Minimal float.
- The issue still exists, but I have not had problems riding my cross bike or mtn bike with this area (perhaps some tightness on cross bike previously, but not last year)
- Did IMWI in 2007 with no issues other than a little IT

Is it possible that the float on the speedplays is causing my periformis to act up and cause these other issues? I had never considered this before until the doc asked if I ever pedaled with my heels in which would cause issues. I know I pedal straight, but for all I know it is sneaking out when I am not looking.

Is it possible going to a fixed or minimal float pedal could cure this? Could excess float cause P-syndrome?

-
Quote Reply