Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pearl Izumi Kissaki Sizing
Quote | Reply
What is the sizing like with the PI Kissaki? My Nike waffle racers are a tight 10 (44). Any suggestions on size?

Justin
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Kissaki Sizing [xcmntgeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have ran the past two years in two different PI shoes. The peak xc and the streak. I bought the streak 2 also. Both shoes I need a 1/2 size larger than what I normally wear for my everyday shoes. I just ordered the peak II, I wish I would have seen the ST review of the Kissaki before ordering the peak II. Even though the peak xc was labeled a trail shoe it, I used it as my everyday trainer and loved it.

"Sometimes you got to learn to hurt"
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Kissaki Sizing [peewee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd go a half size larger if the isos are any indicator.

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit: First, let me say I really liked my isos but now they're toast, was going to replace them with the kissaki after the review but this comment in the review caused me to pause: "The Kissaki might be an excellent shoe for a heavier runner who wants a racing flat with a little more cushioning and protection; or, a very nice training shoe for the lighter runner."

might be... very nice... ??? I'm a heavier runner so it might be a good fit, still it seems like he's holding back a big endorsement like the ones he gave the isos.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I'd like to hear some feedback on the shoes before I pull the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Half size bigger. Seems to be same fit as Streak/IsoTrans and I'm 1/2 size bigger and NEVER bigger in any other shoes.

Looking forward to this shoe a lot. Should last a little longer, and be a little more durable which will be awesome for training!

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Kissaki Sizing [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the recommendations! I'll kick back on here after I have some miles in them. The only question now is which ugly color.....

Justin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going black with blue and yellow for winter, then either orange because my son LOVES orange or praying for new colors for summer :)

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had to go a half size up in the Peak 2 and the Kissaki. I'm normally a 10.5 in our shoes (Fuels, Paces, and Floats) but have had to go to an 11 on most of our flats (Streaks, Peaks, and Transition).
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Kissaki Sizing [riotgear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recieved my peak 2's yesterday and I ordered them the same size as my streaks and peak xc (8.5). They are two small. I really didn't like their feel either, so I am going to send them back to try the Kissaki.

"Sometimes you got to learn to hurt"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got mine - order 1/2 size up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know if anybody has had this issue but...

5th PI shoe I have used. All are 9's, where I am 8.5 in everything else. Got the Peak2's at the same time, SNUG fit at 9 (but in a good way) but the Kissakis were WAY big in the toe box. Tried on 8.5's, still big, and settled on 8's. Weird. I don't know what is up with that, but the 8's felt really good.

Anyone else have this issue?

Brent

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x2, I went down a half size from my iso transitions, still pretty big. I have no idea where Jeroen got the idea they ride like the isos. I know the isos, I've run in the isos, and these my friend are no isos. I was hoping for isos with more durable outsole, still waiting. Not too shabby tho', kind of a trimmed down Brooks Launch, I'll stick with 'em for now.
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Kissaki Sizing [james_n_la] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just tried the 8's at the store today, but am sick so no running til Thurs probably. The shoes felt really nice, however I need more time (obviously) to see what I think for sure. But I think it will be nice and "close" to the streaks/isos but good enough for training. That's what I am looking for, and I love Pearls shoes so far for sure.

Brent

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was a little upset they weren't more like the isos but after awhile I warmed up to 'em, for some reason I really like the way the look, in that respect they're exactly like the isos. Hope you feel better and don't sneeze in this direction ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know what they say about men who's feet are shrinking. Did you say you had a cold, or that you are cold?

dfru wrote:
I just tried the 8's at the store today
Brent

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Kissaki Sizing [Jaymz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha didn't heed your advice Friday, two (actually really good) workouts, but ultimately the body said no mas...Although who knows, maybe the illness made my feet shrink haha

And yes, Mr. Young, we all know you have abnoxiously big feet :) that and the British accent, life just isn't fair!

Brent

Quote Reply