Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Peachtree Road Race
Quote | Reply
This is the first July 4th in 35 years that I have not run the Peachtree Road Race. It is kind of sad and sentimental. I hope to run it on Thanksgiving Day, but that will still be a break of my long standing Independence Day tradition.

I ran a moderate 8 miles instead. But, it is not the same. There is nothing like 55K runners and >>100K spectators lining a 10K course.
Quote Reply
Re: Peachtree Road Race [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. It's by far my favorite race every year.

I picked the Thanksgiving option but am regretting that now. Virtual race would have been a better choice. Even if the race isn't canceled (again), I doubt I'll feel safe participating. A small local tri is one thing, but the massive crowds for the Peachtree don't seem compatible with the current situation.
Quote Reply
Re: Peachtree Road Race [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran the course as an out/back yesterday for a total of 12mi from my house(turned around at the Arts Center) and it was mortally humid towards the end. IOW, another 4th of July on Peachtree. I seldom run PRR any more BUT I have a 20 year streak at the Thanksgiving Half. I'll run the distance but there's gonna be a hole in the wardrobe where the finisher's shirt would go.
Quote Reply
Re: Peachtree Road Race [alltom1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alltom1 wrote:
I seldom run PRR any more BUT I have a 20 year streak at the Thanksgiving Half.
Ha, you just reminded me that I have a 17-year streak running the Thanksgiving Half Marathon that will definitely be broken this year. (23 times overall.)
Quote Reply